UFC is hiring a Communication & Talent Acquisition Specialist! The Communication & Talent Acquisition Specialist will be a collaborative member of the UFC communications team to lead support of our human resource function and execute and develop communications to inform and engage current and future employees. This position will be located at the main office in Winthrop, MN.
Primary Objectives of the Position:
- Creative lead for communication systems such as social networking, texting services, and database systems to support UFC sales efforts.
- Champion website, mobile app, and social media platforms in conjunction with marketing and communications team. Work with vendors to maintain site and associated links.
- Plan and implement a recruitment marketing and employer branding strategy to attract high-quality applicants.
- Primary contact for UFC Donations and Public Relations.
- Coordinate community and UFC events/functions designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for UFC.
- Work with UFC team members to oversee the development and implementation of key marketing efforts and information systems.
- Produce communications and/or presentation materials as needed. Work with various vendors for to support in data collection for these tasks.
- Knowledge of social media strategy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers, internal and external.
- Experience working in consulting firms.
- Selection experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Experience developing and validating selection tools and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of state and federal employment laws, AA/EEO recruiting and hiring policies.
- Post high school training at a college or vocational level.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be experienced with Windows, Word, Excel and Power Point computer programs.
- Knowledge in the use of social networking to market UFC.
- Ag background desirable.
United Farmers Cooperative, along with competitive wages, offers a number of work/life benefits and services.
Medical Benefit – High Deductible Health Plan with HSA. Wellness component and a prescription drug program.
- Single coverage
- Single plus child, or single plus spouse
- Family coverage
Other benefits include: Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K Plan with 6% Employer Match, Flex Spending Accounts for Medical and Daycare, Profit Sharing, Uniform Program, Employee Discounts, Shop Tool Reimbursement Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Direct deposit payroll, Family Leave, Awards Recognition program, Ongoing employee training paid by UFC, Employee referral bonus and Scholarship program.
|United Farmers Cooperative (UFC) is a farmer-owned cooperative that was formed as the Cooperative Creamery Association of Lafayette in 1915 in the town of Lafayette, Minnesota. Over the next 100+ years of business, UFC would undergo many changes to meet the evolving needs of members in a changing world. Since its start in 1915, UFC has grown from one location and two employees to 175+ employees with multiple locations serving members across several Central Minnesota counties. Today, UFC is an innovative and diverse cooperative striving to meet and exceed its members expectations through several business units including United Natural Gas, Agronomy, Energy, Ag Equipment, Grain Handling Systems, Feed and Grain.