The Management Trust
Position Title: Landscaper
Location: Indio, CA at Rancho Casa Blanca
Reporting To: Operations Director
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Salary: $20.00 per hour
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients' needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The Landscaper is responsible for ensuring the community grounds are maintained to the highest quality standards. Every position at The Management Trust is client-facing, and the Landscaper plays a key role in delivering a positive experience for all internal and external homeowners, visitors, and employees.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prioritize safety with every task; ensure proper training and tools are available before completing any responsibility, as well as request support when needed
- Provide grass maintenance such as mowing, trimming, mechanical edging, fertilizing, mulching, dethatching, seeding
- Provide ornamental plant care such as pruning, fertilizing, and transplanting
- Provide tree care and maintenance such as canopy raising, pruning, and realignment
- Use various chemicals to assist with weed and pest control
- Assist with the maintenance of irrigation systems (i.e. repairs, modifications, and new installations)
- Assist with maintenance of drainage systems and related components
- Assist with care and maintenance of landscaping equipment, including vehicles, power equipment, hand tools, etc.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized organized maintenance area
- Assist with general maintenance of property grounds, such as emptying receptacles and alerting appropriate staff to repair needs
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in landscape management highly preferred - with generally between 1-2 years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be a team player who is committed to delivering high-level customer service
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all staff and guests at all times
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions with minimal supervision
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, vehicle insurance, and driving record in compliance with Company policy
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Use standard maintenance equipment, including: vehicles, power equipment, hand tools, etc.
- Be stationary or in motion for periods of time
- Relocate up to (50) pounds
- Travel to and from offsite locations
- Able to perform outdoor work in all types of weather
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday 5:30 a.m. 2:00 p.m.
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.