Created in 1978 by Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Robert Mondavi, Opus One remains committed to realizing our founders’ dream of bringing to life one unique wine that expresses the seamlessly blended personality and character of each family. With a great sense of pride in our work to realize this dream, the people of Opus One bring profound dedication and unsurpassed attention to detail in our daily work. We care deeply for the quality of our relationships within the winery, with our trade partners and with our customers.
Reflecting the spirit and vision of the Founders, the Reservations Coordinator fields all telephone calls and email inquiries while conveying the image, style, and substance of Opus One. The Reservations Coordinator is responsible for booking all consumer reservations, provides administrative support as needed for Guest Relations and assists with customer service follow-up. Some assignments may involve work of a confidential nature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answer all inbound calls in a professional, courteous, and hospitable manner.
- Receive all incoming calls for executive and managerial staff and forward the call to the individual or their voicemail in a timely manner.
- Manage high volume of calls and emails for consumer tasting reservations from Opus One’s prospective guests and return all calls and emails within 24 hours.
- Support Trade Reservations Specialist and assist guests of the trade via phone and email in her absence.
- Retrieve incoming messages and website inquires each morning and promptly respond or deliver to appropriate individuals.
- Respond to inquiries from the Opus One website by using a list of approved templates/signatures to respond to pertinent questions quickly, efficiently and courteously.
- Speak concisely and knowledgeably about all Opus One representatives, distributors, retailers.
- Forward any/all questions regarding vintages offered for sale at the winery or anywhere in the world to the Direct to Consumer (DTC) Coordinator, so she can answer any questions about Opus One or related merchandise to better assist the customer in the selection of wine or wine-related items.
- Act as a source of information on general questions regarding the winery in a timely manner so as not to keep other guests waiting for assistance.
- Communicate with the Concierge/Estate Greeter via the Microsoft Teams daily chat notifying her of pertinent guest details (i.e., running late, one less guest, etc.)
- Enter all reservation details in Commerce 7 with accuracy and detail. (Name, address, credit card, guest names with spelling, food allergies if booking an experience that includes food, etc.).
- Note any/all special occasions being celebrated in the reservation (birthday, anniversary, etc.)
- Produce custom presentation materials for selected multi-vintage tastings (i.e. vintage placemats for production or trade tastings, menu cards, etc.).
- Assist the Vice President of Communications, Director of Hospitality, Special Events Supervisor, Guest Relations staff and DTC team by performing administrative tasks as necessary.
- Thursday - Monday, 9:00 am – 5:30pm
- 3+ years’ customer service experience, receptionist/administrative position preferably in the wine industry.
- Good analytical, interpersonal, oral, written and problem-solving skills.
- Able to communicate clearly via phone and email both within and outside the organization.
- Pleasant, articulate, and courteous phone manner required, including the ability to communicate clearly with customers who do not speak English fluently.
- Ability to prioritize and meet all deadlines and work quickly and accurately.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Fluency in other languages
- BA/BS degree
- Experience using the following platforms: Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Commerce 7
We invite all interested candidates to apply, even if you are unsure about whether you meet all the listed qualifications. Opus One Winery is looking for motivated, passionate, curious individuals who believe in our Core Values and Mission.
- Collaboration - Reaches consensus about goals and methods for completing projects or tasks.
- Growth & Potential (A Great Place to Work) - Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement, with particular emphasis on developmental areas that are job and/or organization-relevant.
- Integrity & Trust - Personally models behaviors that underscore the importance of honesty, truth, respect, and fairness in interpersonal relations; creates a supportive work environment.
- Job Performance - Displays specialized and/or in-depth skills, knowledge, or judgment associated with the position.
- Growth and Potential - Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement, with particular emphasis on areas of development.
- Reliability & Time Management - Arrives at work and/or meetings on time, ready to take action on responsibilities.
- Stewardship - Promotes and supports the individual and collective well-being of everyone at Opus One.
- Workplace Safety – Complies with all workplace safety regulations, including cybersecurity.
OUR DEDICATION TO YOU
- Competitive benefits package including 94% employer paid Medical, with 100% employer paid Dental/ Vision/ basic life coverage/ STD/ LTD for both employees and dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a 7% employer-only contribution, based on employee annual earnings.
- Work life balance
- Wellness reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Up to 40 hours of volunteer time
- PTO; Holiday Pay
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
SAFETY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accident prevention is of utmost importance in all phases of job responsibilities.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including job safety, safety rules and regulations.
- Assist management to provide safe and healthy working conditions at all times.
- Immediately report all unsafe conditions, work-related accidents, and illnesses to Safety Manager and your supervisor.
SUSTAINABILITY: Opus One Winery is committed to doing its part to ensure a sustainable future and improve the environmental well-being of our community. We will continue to ensure minimal impact by continually evaluating our environmental performance and working to improve our program whenever necessary with integrity and purity of focus.
COMPENSATION: Base Compensation Range: $20.00 – $30.00 USD hourly*
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Opus One Winery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
* The base compensation range is base salary only. In addition to base compensation, all roles are eligible for individual performance bonus and company bonus that range from role to role. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, such as skills, experience, qualifications, and tenure with Opus One.
We understand that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about our total compensation package, benefits and perks Opus One Winery has to offer, please visit our careers page.