Created in 1978 by Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Robert Mondavi, Opus One remains committed to realizing our founders’ dream of bringing to life one unique wine that expresses the seamlessly blended personality and character of each family. With a great sense of pride in our work to realize this dream, the people of Opus One bring profound dedication and unsurpassed attention to detail in our daily work. We care deeply for the quality of our relationships within the winery, with our trade partners, and with our customers.
Reflecting the spirit, grace, and uncompromised courtesy of our Founders, the Concierge is the first face of Opus One, greeting guests at our front gate or at our guest reception desk. The concierge must provide friendly, welcoming hospitality when checking groups in upon arrival, guiding them to their tasting, and when necessary, diplomatically informing unexpected visitors that we are unable to accept guests without an appointment. Additionally, the concierge will have to knowledgeably answer questions about Opus One and our guest experiences, take phone calls, and help book appointments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- When answering the gate phone, the Estate Greeter will greet the guests with a warm, professional welcome, direct those with reservations to park and guide them towards guest reception. If guests arrive without an appointment, the Estate Greeter will check the availability and facilitate booking appointments where possible.
- Once the guests arrive to the Concierge desk, the Estate Greeter is responsible for greeting guests, checking them in for their appointment and either walking them to their pre-assigned table, or introducing them to their host who will escort them. The role requires clear communication with tasting room hosts.
- Manage table assignments to ensure a smooth flow of the Courtyard Tasting Room.
- While working at guest reception, the Estate Greeter stays in constant communication with the Guest Relations team via the daily Microsoft Teams chat while always managing the flow of guests in and around the winery.
- Assist the Reservations Coordinators with answering phones, responding to emails, and making confirmation phone calls.
- Assist guests by answering questions about the winery, vineyards, and region and make recommendations for other winery and dining options.
- Keep the front desk clean and organized and maintain all entryways and guest spaces.
- Complete opening and closing checklist of responsibilities on a daily basis, including unlocking/locking of all doors, turning on/off music and heaters, uncovering/covering furniture, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Maintain, update, and expand knowledge of viticulture and enology by participating in educational trainings offered by Opus One and by outside sources.
- Speak knowledgeably about all Opus One experiences, and vintages offered for sale at the winery.
- 2+ years’ working at a winery, wine-related business, or restaurant
- Knowledge of wines and ability to tell the story that promotes loyalty and sales.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Competency in Point of Sales systems, Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Outstanding ability in customer service and working with the public.
- Commitment to excellence, high standards and working effectively with a team.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Fluency in other languages
- BA/BS degree
- Experience using the following platforms: Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Commerce 7, Teams
We invite all interested candidates to apply, even if you are unsure about whether you meet all the listed qualifications. Opus One Winery is looking for motivated, passionate, curious individuals who believe in our Core Values and Mission.
- Collaboration - Reaches consensus about goals and methods for completing projects or tasks.
- Growth & Potential (A Great Place to Work) - Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement, with particular emphasis on developmental areas that are job and/or organization-relevant.
- Integrity & Trust - Personally models behaviors that underscore the importance of honesty, truth, respect, and fairness in interpersonal relations; creates a supportive work environment.
- Job Performance - Displays specialized and/or in-depth skills, knowledge, or judgment associated with the position.
- Growth and Potential - Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement, with particular emphasis on areas of development.
- Reliability & Time Management - Arrives at work and/or meetings on time, ready to take action on responsibilities.
- Stewardship - Promotes and supports the individual and collective well-being of everyone at Opus One.
- Workplace Safety – Complies with all workplace safety regulations, including cybersecurity.
OUR DEDICATION TO YOU
- Competitive benefits package including 95% employer paid Medical, with 100% employer paid Dental/ Vision/ basic life coverage/ STD/ LTD for both employees and dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a 7% employer-only contribution, based on employee annual earnings.
- Work life balance
- Wellness reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Up to 40 hours of volunteer time
- PTO; Holiday Pay
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
SAFETY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accident prevention is of utmost importance in all phases of job responsibilities.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including job safety, safety rules and regulations.
- Assist management to provide safe and healthy working conditions at all times.
- Immediately report all unsafe conditions, work-related accidents, and illnesses to Safety Manager and your supervisor.
SUSTAINABILITY: Opus One Winery is committed to doing its part to ensure a sustainable future and improve the environmental well-being of our community. We will continue to ensure minimal impact by continually evaluating our environmental performance and working to improve our program whenever necessary with integrity and purity of focus.
COMPENSATION: Base Compensation Range: $18.00 – $28.00 USD hourly*
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Opus One Winery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
* The base compensation range is base salary only. In addition to base compensation, all roles are eligible for individual performance bonus and company bonus that range from role to role. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, such as skills, experience, qualifications, and tenure with Opus One.
We understand that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about our total compensation package, benefits and perks Opus One Winery has to offer, please visit our careers page.