HOURLY RATE: $14.00- $15.00 (Tip Eligible Position – can accept gratuities from patrons)
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (The following essential job functions and examples of duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive. Duties may be modified, added or deleted at the discretion of the Supervisor)
- Setup and breakdown of concession bars, rental event bars and hospitality requests for performers.
- Providing bar service during concessions and events.
- Continuously maintaining a clean and organized workplace.
- Assisting with stocking, restocking, and rotating products along with monitoring inventory.
- Setup and breakdown of concession bars, event bars, and other event related equipment.
- Monitoring consumption as TIPs training dictates.
- Understands the Arts Center’s emergency plans and able to execute the plan if necessary.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are followed.
Some bartending experience and TIPS certification preferred but not required, able to work extended and double shifts on occasion, and have an open and flexible schedule. Requires excellent communication and customer service skills, a team player with a positive attitude, and the ability to multitask and stay organized in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work evenings after 4:30pm and weekends. Shifts are typically 4 hours in length but can vary event to event.
Equipment Used, Work Environment and Physical Activities (This is a general list and may not apply to all positions):
- Driving: Must be physically capable of operating motor vehicles safely in the normal course of assignments.
- Office equipment: Daily use of a copier, scanner, and printer.
- Computer equipment: Daily use of a personal computer, MS Office software, GIS software.
- Other equipment: Periodic use of large format printers and copiers.
- Language skills: Reads, analyzes, and interprets technical journals, financial reports, and legal document; writes technical and professional reports and correspondence and using proper spelling, grammar, and style; presents information and responds to questions from top management, citizens and large groups.
- Mathematical skills: Performs mathematical calculations including calculations using algebra, geometry, and/or trigonometry.
- Reasoning ability: Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions using a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Physical activities: Stands for long periods of time; may walk, stand, bend, stoop, reach, climb, carry and lift for varying periods. Requires continuous and repetitive arm-hand-eye movement.
- Lifting: May involve lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. for short periods of time.
- Vision and hearing: Must have visual acuity to see and read paper and electronic documents; must be able to answer telephones, communicate conversation and respond to verbal inquiries.
- Exposure to environmental conditions: Work in office setting and outside field work is required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a non- exempt part- time position; hours vary. Actual work schedule will be determined upon hire. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.