Ohio Christian University is looking to fill the position of Transfer and International Student Recruitment Coordinator on the traditional campus. The Transfer and International Student Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for leading the recruitment efforts for transfer and international students, fostering relationships with community college transfer counselors, international organizations, and facilitating the creation of articulation agreements.
Position Title: Transfer and International Student Recruitment Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Traditional Admissions
Months per year: 12
Hours per week: 40
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary range: $36,000-$39,000 per year
Location: Main Campus in Circleville, Ohio
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
- Develop and implement effective recruitment strategies to attract a diverse pool of transfer and international students
- Collaborate with university marketing to create promotional materials, online content, and social media campaigns targeted at transfer and international student audiences
- Attend events (college fairs, international recruitment events) to represent the university and engage with potential transfer and international students
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with community college transfer counselors to enhance the flow of information about admissions requirements, application procedures, and transfer pathways
- Organize workshops and information sessions for transfer counselors to educate them about the university’s programs, values, and support services
- Collaborate with academic departments, deans and provost to develop and maintain transfer articulation agreements that streamline the transfer process and ensure smooth credit transfer from partner institutions
- Regularly review and update transfer agreements to reflect changes in curriculum and academic programs
- Develop and execute strategies to attract international students from various regions by understanding cultural nuances, academic systems, and student preferences
- Coordinate with international recruitment agencies, as needed, to promote the university’s programs and facilitate application processes for international students
- Serve as the Principal Designated School Official (PDSO) with federal agencies for Ohio Christian University
- Collaborate with internal and external staff to ensure that accurate data is collected and maintained in appropriate databases
- Provide accurate information as requested by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of State (DOS) in accordance with federal regulations, FERPA (Federal Educational Right to Privacy Act) guidelines, and campus policies
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree required, from an accredited college or university
- Master’s degree preferred in a relevant field such as Education, International Relations, or Higher Education Administration
- U.S. Citizen
- 1-2 years of related prior experience; one year of working with transfer/international students preferred
- Understands the needs of transfer and international students
- Goal-oriented with experience exceeding quotas and driving for results in a target-driven environment
- Must demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with varied constituencies such as high school counselors, teachers, principals, coaches
- Strong presentation skills in both 1:1 and group contexts
- Experience working with Slate preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to travel in Ohio and surrounding states, if necessary
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Ohio Christian University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Ohio Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer