United Farmers Cooperative is hiring an Agronomy Sales & Business Manager to join the Agronomy team!
Reporting to the VP of Agronomy, the Agronomy Sales and Business Manager is responsible for providing leadership and support to a team of Account Managers/Field Sales Agronomists and supporting staff. Areas of responsibility will include all agronomy products including seed, crop nutrients, crop protection and precision programs. The Agronomy Sales and Business Manager will be an integral leader within the Agronomy Team.
- Applies sound business principles in the management of Agronomy sales team, along with meeting or exceeding the sales and margin goals.
- Develop individual Account Manager/Field Sales Agronomist’s goals/incentives.
- Train and develop agronomy sales team on programs, pricing, margin management and overall strategy to offer the best returns for both the patron and UFC.
- Effectively manage UFC’s Account Managers/Field Sales Agronomist’s development through training and technical expertise.
- Maintain ongoing communication with management team & agronomy sales staff to monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Network with producers.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
- Facilitate strong team building skills and the ability to help with product marketing and development along with pricing and inventory within UFC’s trade area.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities as well as communication of sales programs and incentives.
- Develop strategy for collaboration across divisional sales teams.
- Maintain a consistent UFC branded image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related field preferred
- 5+ years of sales and/or management experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with team and customers
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Computer skills competency
- Ability to innovate and implement change successfully
- Driven and committed to success while maintaining integrity
- Transformation approach to leadership that inspires and empowers others
- CCA preferred
- Strong desire for continues improvement
United Farmers Cooperative, along with competitive wages, offers a number of work/life benefits and services!
Medical Benefit – High Deductible Health Plans with HSA Wellness component and a prescription drug program.
- Single coverage
- Single plus child, or single plus spouse
- Family coverage
Other benefits include: Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K Plan with 6% Employer Match, Flex Spending Accounts for Medical and Daycare, Profit Sharing, Uniform Program, Employee Discounts, Shop Tool Reimbursement Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Short and Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Direct deposit payroll, Family Leave, Awards Recognition program, Ongoing employee training paid by UFC, Employee referral bonus and Scholarship program.
|United Farmers Cooperative (UFC) is a farmer-owned cooperative that was formed as the Cooperative Creamery Association of Lafayette in 1915 in the town of Lafayette, Minnesota. Over the next 100+ years of business, UFC would undergo many changes to meet the evolving needs of members in a changing world. Since its start in 1915, UFC has grown from one location and two employees to 175+ employees with multiple locations serving members across several Central Minnesota counties. Today, UFC is an innovative and diverse cooperative striving to meet and exceed its members expectations through several business units including United Natural Gas, Agronomy, Energy, Ag Equipment, Grain Handling Systems, Feed and Grain.