|A pioneering not-for-profit affordable housing developer and community programs initiator in New York City, Settlement Housing Fund, Inc. has worked since 1969 to create more than 8,700 apartments through 64 affordable rental and homeownership development projects. Settlement Housing Fund presently owns and maintains 36 buildings containing 1,979 apartments in various locations, with concentrations of housing and programs in the Mt. Eden section of the Bronx, Crown Heights, Brooklyn, the Two Bridges neighborhood on the Lower East Side, as well as at other sites throughout Manhattan. We expect that our portfolio will continue to grow. Settlement Housing Fund is equally committed to bringing amenities, programs and services to communities we serve through the development and operation of affordable housing. Settlement Housing Fund is the parent organization of The Crenulated Company, LTD dba New Settlement which was created in 1989 with the acquisition of 14 abandoned buildings from the City of New York. New Settlement has evolved into a robust social service organization offering a range of community-based services in education, college access, youth development, arts, workforce development, community organizing, wellness and other key services that provide important resources to the neighborhood's youth and families. New Settlement's success has been achieved through close collaboration with a wide range of educational institutions, housing and community development organizations, businesses, youth development and social service agencies - in the neighborhood, Bronx-wide, across New York and nationally. The programs at New Settlement are supported by local, state and federal government agencies, as well as foundations, corporations, organizations and individuals.
JOB SUMMARY: The Data Manager will be under direct supervision of the Administrator Director. The Data Manager will be responsible for providing confidential administrative support to senior staff as necessary. The Data Manager will prepare correspondences, reports, maintain schedules and inventory, assist Member Services department and maintain files.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Supports and enhances a culture that respects and honors diversity, invests in professional development and encourages self-care
- Serve as the point person for data related to Member Services
- Assists Member Services Department: work alongside Member Service Reps and interns, greet visitors, answer phone calls, receive messages for/from Center staff and business matters in a professional manner
- Use Mindbody software to create program rosters to prepare for registration
- Assist in program registration
- Assist in outreach and marketing planning for the center to maximize recruitment and retention of center membership
- Provide general administrative support, including file, inventory and ordering management, submit requested reports in a timely manner, and calendar and schedule management
- Handle and log all checks, cash and petty cash items/ensure all money is secured
- Maintain all administrative files
- Ensure that the Center and Member Services spaces are tidy, organized and all supplies are replenished if needed
- Handle complaints and offer suggestions or recommendations as appropriate under the direction of the Division Director and Administrator Director
- Assist with event management as needed
- Hold regular meetings with the Administrator Director to review upcoming activities
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bilingual required (English and Spanish)
- At least two years of experience in clerical work
- Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in Business)
- Excellent communication, customer service, project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to communicate effectively with young people from diverse backgrounds, of various ages, as well as a range of other organizational personnel in a courteous and professional manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential in addition to excellent follow-up skills
- High level of technical proficiency in the use of Google Calendar and Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Highly motivated and dedicated to the organizational mission
- Extremely organized/detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employment is at will and employees will undergo 45- and 90-day check-ins during their 90-day probationary period.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
New Settlement is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected of an employee. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of you as an employee. You may be asked to perform other duties as required.
$21.00 – $25.00 per hour