Product Development Engineer – Lawn and Garden
Department: Lawn & Garden
Reports to: Director of Engineering (BU1 – Lawn and Garden)
Ardisam is an employee-owned company based in the heart of the Midwest. Passion drives our business as we work to become the most well-known name in various outdoor industries including hunting, ice fishing, gardening, camping and more. Since 1960, our Cumberland, Wisconsin Headquarters houses our rapidly growing team of over 130 employees. Our commitment to innovation and quality has been exceeding customer expectations for decades with no sign of slowing down. Our brands include but are not limited to: Earthquake Power Equipment, Eskimo Ice Fishing, Ion Ice Fishing, Rivers Edge Treestands, Barronett Blinds, Yardbird Chicken Pluckers, and Fusion Drill Powered Tools.
Ardisam, Inc. is a design, marketing, and importing company located in the heart of Northwest Wisconsin where the big woods meets farm country. We produce a variety of products under numerous brand names that make our hobbies and recreational activities more enjoyable. This position’s work includes but is not limited to outdoor products in the garden tilling, wood processing, poultry processing and property maintenance categories.
Ardisam Inc. is seeking an experienced product development engineer to lead the design and development of its Lawn and Garden Products. This position has a focus on the Lawn and Garden category but at times crosses over with our other divisions. This role is responsible for all phases of product development, from initial conception through final production. Product Development Engineers work with CAD designers, prototyping technicians, product line managers, quality staff, sales staff, and vendors (both domestic and foreign) to ensure that their designs are efficient to manufacture, successful in the marketplace and reliable in the field. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of consumer product design experience and a bachelor’s degree in engineering. The ability to analyze and solve problems effectively as well as making good decisions are imperative to the success of this position. This position reports to the Director of Engineering for the Lawn and Garden Business Unit.
- Manage New Product Development projects per agreed upon timelines.
- Maintain, enhance, and update existing products to ensure market viability and consumer satisfaction.
- Create 3D models and 2D drawings using Solid Works software.
- Drive completion of detailed engineering information into all company systems. (PDM, ERP ECN etc.)
- Effectively communicate project status updates to management.
- Assist in developing and building supply chains, mainly in Asia, for product sourcing.
- Travel to foreign suppliers as needed (usually 1-2 times per year) to develop new products, build relationships, support production, and meet shipping schedules.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and written with foreign and domestic suppliers.
- Construct prototypes and confirm designs with related team members.
- Oversee or perform various performance and life cycle tests and data documentation including detailed test reports.
- Lead and mentor CAD designer(s) on specified projects.
- Help to develop and document quality expectations with related team members.
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry standards.
- Lead the development of engineering standards.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of engineering systems.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload from multiple projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of consumer product design experience is preferred.
- 3D modeling experience.
- 3D printing and waterjet experience.
- Extensive knowledge in part design and fabrication (machining, welding, injection molding, etc.)
- Knowledge or certification in Lean manufacturing, six sigma or other quality management systems is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar. Those with a 2-year technical degree and 8+ years of consumer design experience will also be considered.
- Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Employer Contributions
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Yearly Profit-Sharing Bonus
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (Dependent)
- Employee Discount
Compensation: Salaried Position
Location: On-site. This position requires significant team collaboration which is best accomplished in person and not remotely.
Duration of Employment: Full Time
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Hours / Day: 8
Work Shift: First Shift
Travel: Some Travel Required
Ardisam, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ardisam, Inc. is a Substance Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug screens.
To Apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5664896