The Junior Software Developer is responsible to work within an Agile team to evolve and support our web based reporting platform by creating and enhancing application modules while evolving our best practices in order to ensure high quality delivery. This role is located in Moncton, NB.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop high quality code, that delights our customers and stakeholders, using your knowledge of ASP.Net web application development and SQL databases.
• Assist in, or create, estimates for software development, software testing, and any other assigned project deliverables.
• Work within an Agile software development methodology to deliver high quality code on time.
• Create SQL Server scripts in order to upgrade or migrate our customers to newer versions of our software.
• Deploy software to internal servers as well as customer hosted servers.
• Demonstrates high energy, determination and flexibility
• Build collaborative relationships across the organization
• Collaborate with team members to introduce best practices that improve quality and efficiency.
• Write clean and well-organized code in accordance with industry best practices
• Participate in peer reviewing of code and share expertise with other team members
• Post-secondary education in Computer Science, or specialized diploma in software development
• Experience with Database Programming (SQL Server) including queries and complex stored procedures
• Experience troubleshooting and improving performance of SQL queries.
• Experience using Git source control software
• Knowledge of common web development methodologies and design patterns.
• Experience with automated unit testing.
• Strong work ethic: willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
• Strong initiative required; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Knowledge of the automotive industry accounting and reporting practices.
• Experience with Azure Devops Pipelines
• General knowledge of accounting
• Experience using Redgate SQL Tools
• Experience developing software using Agile practices