WHY MANS LUMBER & HOME?
Where you work is a BIG deal (like a really big deal). 40 hours per week is a lot of time to invest in your employer; and you want to love where you work. We so get that. We could tell you why you’ll love working at Mans, we could list out our accolades and a whole bunch of employee satisfaction statistics, but everyone does that, right?
Here’s the deal - you will love working for Mans because we care. Not just about whether or not you show up for work every day, but because we care about you. It’s that simple. You aren’t just a number, a statistic – you are a person – a real live person and that’s what matters to us. Sure, we are family owned and operated appreciate and care for our employees, partners and customers. When you succeed – we succeed. When you need lifting up, we hold out both hands. It’s who we are and have been for 120+ years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Designer in Kitchen & Bath, you will be responsible for partnering with our retail and trade customers to create the kitchen and/or bath of their dreams. The ideal candidate(s) will guide the client through the product selection, recommend design ideas, and deliver an exceptional experience. The Designer will have advanced computer-aided drafting skills utilizing 20/20 and possess broad knowledge of product categories, such as: cabinets, countertops, flooring, plumbing, etc. In addition, prospective candidates must be familiar with pricing multipliers and current lead times for all cabinet lines and countertop fabricators. Finally, candidates must be comfortable conducting job site visits and ensuring the customer is completely satisfied with their project. This is a great opportunity to build on your rewarding career at an established company with an existing and loyal customer base. We aren’t looking for the ordinary -- we are looking for the extraordinary! Does this describe you? Then please keep reading:
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Always maintain a professional, considerate attitude toward both internal and external customers.
- Assist every customer to the best of your ability or put them in contact with someone who can assist them.
- Generate business through walk in customers, incoming telephone calls, and going outside of the showroom to call on potential customers.
- Greet clients to the design center, gather information and qualify clients by assessing their needs.
- Assist the customer with product selection using selection worksheets and speak to product and service features and benefits.
- Utilize 20/20 to create project drawings.
- Present design solution in a persuasive way; make expert recommendations that resonate with the client.
- Create Sign off packages for clients or utilize intern for these if applicable.
- Review sign off package in detail with client and get signature before ordering product.
- Specify appropriate materials and quantities for the projects.
- Conduct pre-construction site inspections and measurements.
- Conduct bid and prep proposal functions.
- Order project materials in Bistrack.
- Arrange project schedules, sub-contractor schedules and material deliveries.
- Act as the liaison between the customer, materials vendors and subcontractors.
- Answer phone calls coming to showroom. Provide excellent customer service.
- Accept ownership of client satisfaction and resolve client issues or inquiries.
- Complete product, sales, design, and customer service training as assigned.
- Assist with marketing activities, such as mailings.
- Assist with activities that potentially will increase sales, including but not limited to Mans promotions, Parade of Homes, and home shows.
- Be a student of the industry by attending NKBA, NARI, ASID, and HBA events.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Must love dogs; we love dogs at Mans.
- Naturally outgoing and an expressive individual who thrives in social settings.
- Proficiency in 20/20 Software, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelors or associates degree in interior design, architecture, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience, preferred but not required.
- Recognized as an organization leader – have commanding presence and are able to inspire/influence others.
- A strong steward of Mans culture and core values.
- Possess an influencing presence internally and communicate ideas in a way that persuades others to buy-in and take-action (both written and verbal).
- Deep understanding of business acumen, and a natural strategic thinker.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Impeccable organizational skills and sticky note obsessed.
- Ability to quickly learn, use and adapt to many different software programs.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are a must.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines (well, not really fax machines).
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some daily active movement is required. This role also requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand, as necessary.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30AM to 5:00PM with schedule flexibility. Every other Saturday from 8AM to 2PM.
PERKS OF THE JOB
World-class benefits consisting of Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental coverage, vision insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with generous match of 4%, life insurance, pet insurance, legal assistance, identity theft protection, charitable and community service initiatives, progressive paid time-off policy, paid holidays and annual profit-sharing eligibility. We also have pretty good coffee.
OTHER STUFF OUR LAWYER SUGGESTED WE ADD
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mans Lumber & Home is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.