Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Action/Results Oriented - Achieves high level, sustainable performance, and results; is bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and encourages others to grasp ownership for achieving timely, quality, agreed-upon results; is highly energetic; not fearful of acting with less than complete data and planning; seizes opportunities and acts upon them; displays a sense of urgency.
Adaptability - Effectively responds to change and is comfortable with ambiguity; manages conflicting priorities; comfortably handles risk and uncertainty; learns quickly when facing new problems; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
Analysis/Decision Making - Uses logic and insight to solve difficult problems and create effective solutions; uncovers hidden problems; is excellent at analysis; looks beyond the obvious and seeks root cause of problems; makes decisions in a timely manner, under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make tough decisions; supports calculated risk-taking; influences others to build support for decisions; includes others (as appropriate) in decision making.
Communication/Language - Presents ideas in a style that is clear, fluent, and to the point; keeps the attention of others; clearly articulates the key points of an issue; takes recipients' perspectives into consideration when communicating; listens to and understands views of others; knows who needs what information and communicates information in a concise, timely and straight forward fashion; not afraid to communicate difficult messages. Ability to read and interpret documents such as financial reports, sales data, and market analysis. Ability to write routine reports and correspondences with the home office, and customers.
Customer Orientation - Understands and meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it to meet customers' needs by providing the highest quality products and services; acts with customers in mind; develops effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Leadership - The ability to motivate, guide, and lead the team members, and provide them with the right resources so that goals can be achieved. Ability to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of the team members and allocate them tasks accordingly. Ability to empower the team members to act independently if the situation demands.
Mathematical - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and percentages.
Education & Certificates and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or four to five years of experience in Business Administration or Marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years in an outside B2B field sales role
- Experience in the funeral services industry is a plus.
Conditions and Physical Requirements
- The working conditions and physical requirements described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee will be required to frequently drive a vehicle to customer locations. The employee may be asked to assist in moving caskets and/or other funeral-related products.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.,