Created in 1978 by Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Robert Mondavi, Opus One remains committed to realizing our founders’ dream of bringing to life one unique wine that expresses the seamlessly blended personality and character of each family. With a great sense of pride in our work to realize this dream, the people of Opus One bring profound dedication and unsurpassed attention to detail in our daily work. We care deeply for the quality of our relationships within the winery, with our trade partners, and with our customers.
The DTC Systems Specialist leads the process and executes all backend support functions of DTC operations including customer relationship management, order processing, and website optimization. This position also provides insights and reporting that impacts the global DTC business. The DTC Systems Specialist has experience in Microsoft Dynamics, Commerce 7, and Klaviyo. Responsibilities include ensuring the system’s eco-system is functioning properly and efficiently, maintaining a clean data warehouse, and identifying strategic segments to improve patron relationships. The ideal candidate has a proclivity toward problem-solving, high attention to detail, and can successfully build relationships across internal and external teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned:
- Leads backend functions of e-commerce and inbound order processing, ensuring all is operating correctly.
- Maintains data integrity, reviews and updates records, tracks activities and implements safeguard and validation rules to help build deeper relationships with customers.
- Solicits, gathers, and analyzes user input, creates requirements for input.
- Supervises e-mail campaign functionality, contributes to customer segmentation and targeting for email marketing campaigns, and corresponding analysis of these campaigns.
- Documents team feedback, updates process accordingly.
- Supports payment gateway needs.
- Ensures all content is depicted properly both externally and internally.
- Assists with inventory upload and management, raising any concerns as it relates to allocations and out-of-stocks.
- Supports accurate and timely new product/SKU setup.
- Maintains SOP library.
- Investigates, resolves, and troubleshoots system errors.
- Identifies and drives improvements within the website, systems, customer experience, and processes as business requirements evolve.
- Provides technical support within the Guest Relations Department and trains end-users.
- Builds and maintains key reporting and provides insights to impact our holistic DTC initiatives.
- Recommends and creates retention and acquisition segments to support brand awareness and sales growth.
- Compiles and analyzes customer and sales data to identify trends and opportunities for growth.
- Assist in KPI creation and sales forecasts.
- Produce and analyze ad-hoc and/or ongoing reporting as needed.
Direct to Consumer Compliance
- Acts as an initiative-taking member of Opus One compliance team, staying current on Domestic and International DTC compliance. Ensures that Opus One is compliant and that US licenses are renewed in a timely manner and taxes updated.
- Acts as in-house DTC compliance expert, providing timely updates to manager, and Guest Relations team, ensuring that in-house compliance documentation, including volume limits and ID requirements, are current in the Partners’ Room, on the website, and in Ship Compliant.
- 5+ years’ experience in Winery DTC Systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics, Klaviyo, and Commerce 7
- Customer service experience, preferably in the wine industry.
- Good analytical, interpersonal, oral, written, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis techniques
- Ability to prioritize and meet all deadlines and work quickly and accurately.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- BA/BS degree
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders.
- Fluency in other languages
We invite all interested candidates to apply, even if you are unsure about whether you meet all the listed qualifications. Opus One Winery is looking for motivated, passionate, curious individuals who believe in our Core Values and Mission.
- Collaboration - Reaches consensus about goals and methods for completing projects or tasks.
- Growth & Potential (A Great Place to Work) - Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement, with particular emphasis on developmental areas that are job and/or organization-relevant.
- Integrity & Trust - Personally models behaviors that underscore the importance of honesty, truth, respect, and fairness in interpersonal relations; creates a supportive work environment.
- Job Performance - Displays specialized and/or in-depth skills, knowledge, or judgment associated with the position.
- Growth and Potential - Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement, with particular emphasis on areas of development.
- Reliability & Time Management - Arrives at work and/or meetings on time, ready to take action on responsibilities.
- Stewardship - Promotes and supports the individual and collective well-being of everyone at Opus One.
- Workplace Safety – Complies with all workplace safety regulations, including cybersecurity.
OUR DEDICATION TO YOU
- Competitive benefits package including 94% employer paid Medical, with 100% employer paid Dental/ Vision/ basic life coverage/ STD/ LTD for both employees and dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a 7% employer-only contribution, based on employee annual earnings.
- Work life balance
- Wellness reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Up to 40 hours of volunteer time
- PTO; Holiday Pay
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
SAFETY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accident prevention is of utmost importance in all phases of job responsibilities.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including job safety, safety rules and regulations.
- Assist management to provide safe and healthy working conditions at all times.
- Immediately report all unsafe conditions, work-related accidents, and illnesses to Safety Manager and your supervisor.
SUSTAINABILITY: Opus One Winery is committed to doing its part to ensure a sustainable future and improve the environmental well-being of our community. We will continue to ensure minimal impact by continually evaluating our environmental performance and working to improve our program whenever necessary with integrity and purity of focus.
COMPENSATION: Base Compensation Range: $32.00 – $42.00 USD Hourly
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Opus One Winery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
* The base compensation range is base salary only. In addition to base compensation, all roles are eligible for individual performance bonus and company bonus that range from role to role. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, such as skills, experience, qualifications, and tenure with Opus One.
We understand that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about our total compensation package, benefits and perks Opus One Winery has to offer, please visit our careers page.