Location: Johnston, Iowa | Job Type: Full-Time, Salaried Exempt
Reports to Project Executive
Henning Companies is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor, and Construction Manager based in Johnston, IA working throughout the U.S. to serve the ag, manufacturing, commercial, and industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise keeping our Core Values of: Honest & Trustworthy, Committed to Lasting Relationships, Team Oriented, Results Driven, and Always Do the Right Thing in the forefront of our interactions.
The Senior Project Manager plans, coordinates, and oversees the overall safety, budget, schedule, and quality of construction projects from project inception through project completion. They are a team leader to ensure effective management of assigned internal and external resources toward the common goal of quality and timely delivery of services which meet customer’s expectations.
We are seeking employees that live out our Core Values. Henning's Core Values are: HONEST & TRUSTWORTHY, COMMITTED TO LASTING RELATIONSHIPS, TEAM ORIENTED, RESULTS DRIVEN, ALWAYS DO THE RIGHT THING. If these values speak to you, please apply!! We would love to talk to you!
- Be an advocate for Henning’s safety culture, always doing the right thing, and promote safety of those around you
- Develop, maintain, and implement Project Safety Plans that coordinate with our customer specific contract requirements
- Monitor and improve safety by leading or participating in Job Safety Audits on each job site visit
- Complete OSHA trainings as directed by Safety Director
- Participate in business development through professional and respectful representation of Henning Companies within the community and industry
- Lead Owner Coordination Meetings. Facilitate open communication and collaboration with owner, designers, and trade partners to build a team atmosphere, foster mutual respect, resolve conflicts early, and track progress. Ensure actions are identified, documented, expedited and completed as promised.
- Monitor and document the progress of the engineering and construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the subcontractor teams.
Focus on End Goals
- Lead, manage, and complete all engineering, procurement and construction projects to ensure the project is completed safely, on-schedule, on-budget, and with quality that conforms to project plans and specifications, customer and company expectations.
- Work closely with our project partners to pre-plan and schedule using appropriate technology in order to identify, eliminate constraints, and manage risks.
- Develop and maintain a master Critical Path Method Schedule (CPM) and a Change Management Program.
- Plan and execute Contract Buyout including pre-qualification, analysis, and overseeing the work done by the trade contractors, vendors, suppliers and technicians.
- Optimize utilization of project resources, ensure procurement at the most cost-effective terms in line with contract documents and defined budgets. Submit cost tracking reports at a minimum of monthly basis.
- Prepare and submit owner billings in a timely fashion according to the agreed upon payment terms. Approve all vendor invoicing in accordance with contracts and established payment terms.
- Develop cost estimates with estimating team at varying stages of project design, collaborate with teams through proposal process.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently in an office environment, and 30 to 50 pounds of force occasionally when working in field environment
- Occasional activities of office environment include balancing, bending/stooping, reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion
- Frequent activities of office environment include sitting, standing, walking, typing and other computer work, using telephone and other standard office equipment
Henning Companies offer a full benefits package that includes competitive compensation, generous paid time off, vehicle allowance, and incentives; complete with health, dental, vision, disability, and 401(k) benefits.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors as well as the requirements and conditions listed in this job posting are representative only and not an exhaustive list of the tasks that the employee may be required to perform. Henning Companies reserves the right to revise the job description/duties at any time and may require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances and conditions of the business change.
Henning Companies is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.