Plans, develops, and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Follows all ISO 9001 Work Instructions and Procedures in the performance of these duties.
- Develops process flow and controls to manufacture within product specifications.
- Heavy focus within Additive Manufacturing value stream.
- Performs equipment specification, review, installation and setup.
- Provides project estimates on cost and timing.
- Apply lean manufacturing principles to optimize process flow.
- Basic design/commission and debug process equipment.
- Creates processing/equipment instruction documents.
- Participates in new product design review.
- Troubleshoots processing and testing equipment.
- Plans, directs and coordinates plant manufacturing projects.
- Automates material handling.
- Analyzes and plans labor requirements, space requirements and work flow.
- Design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Champions project update meetings with required plant personnel.
- Coordinates with outside vendors and contractors as required.
- Prepare proposals for equipment considerations for management decision.
- Applies knowledge of quality requirements to equipment specifications, poka-yokes, etc.
- Has the ability to create required drawings to build necessary fixtures and work holding
- Continually analyze process flows for improvements of quality, cost reductions, and throughput.
- Completes material specification and ordering for coordinated projects.
- Works with manufacturing to implement effective training on necessary improvements and equipment installation.
- Provides support for production.
- TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) of assigned area.
- Participates in layered audits as required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Proficiency in Plex
- Proficiency in Minitab
- Average, Standard Deviation, Process Capability, DOE, Correlation, Regression, etc.
- Proficiency in 2D & 3D CAD Modeling (Solid Edge preferred)
- Proper Dimensioning, Print Reading with GD&T application.
- Practical problem- solving techniques (Six Sigma, 8D, 4M, 5Why, Know/Don’t Know, Kata, DOE)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or related field from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or managers and employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, AND OTHER SKILLS
5+ years of 3D CAD knowledge, preferably in Solid Edge
Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Technical skills in manufacturing processing and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment.
Problem analysis and problem resolution.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.