Are you a Direct Support Professional (DSP) who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where youll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, weve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 80 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
Pay range:$16.80 - 17.75 per hour. Based on your education, experience, and credentials.
Various Shifts Available!
What You Will be Doing
Do you enjoy outings, like bowling, shopping, or trips to the zoo? As a Direct Support Professional with Boundless, you will have the opportunity to engage in the lives of the individuals we serve by being a part of their day-to-day life. This part of the job is not only fun, but it ensures that those we serve are living their best lives and are a critical part of this role! As a person-centered organization, we are seeking individuals to join our team that embrace the same values we do--love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. These values guide everything we do.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be responsible for providing direct programming and dietary, laundry, toileting, housekeeping support. Our DSP team members work in conjunction with the extended Boundless team to ensure those that we serve can live a Boundless life. We'd welcome the opportunity to review your application and consider you for the Boundless team.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and written
- Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant; delegated nursing (training will be provided, if not already certified)
- Valid Ohio Drivers License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- No more than five points on driving record
- Proof of auto insurance.
One year experience working with intellectually/developmentally disabled individuals.
Special Skills and Requirements:
- Must be detail-oriented and have competent literacy and writing, documentation, communications, and interpersonal abilities.
- Must be able to use tools and equipment as required including pushing/pulling wheelchairs, lifting consumers with Hoyer lifts
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.