ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Rainey Property Management (Rainey) offers best-in-class management services and operation of apartment communities. Rainey provides owners of multi-family communities with a full suite of property management solutions tailored to the unique needs of each community. Our team prides itself on consistently providing a high level of service to the owners and residents of the communities we manage.
Our team possesses 150+ years combined experience leading nationally recognized multifamily property management organizations. Our team members leverage in-depth market research, proven business practices, and local knowledge to create value and maximize returns for our investors, partners, and clients.
At Rainey we believe that all people deserve access to safe, decent, sanitary and affordable housing regardless of income or background. By employing a hands-on approach to property management, we create healthy and happy communities for our residents while delivering efficient operating results. We firmly believe that it is possible to create value and community at the same time, and we aim to do so with the highest level of customer service.
Benefits and Pay of the Assistant Maintenance/Porter:
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, short/long term disability
- Up to 3 weeks time off at hire
- 401K match up to 5% after 90 days with immediate vesting
- Up to 10 paid holidays
The estimated salary for this position is $17hr depending on experience.
Assistant Maintenance/Porter Reports to: Property Manager, Maintenance Supervisor
As Assistant Maintenance/Porter, you will maintain efficient upkeep of property buildings and grounds in a supportive role.
- Responsible for the daily repair and upkeep of the property.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter
- Spreads salt on public passageways to prevent ice buildup
- Responsible for daily upkeep of the property buildings and grounds which includes cleaning and removing of trash
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company.
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude always.
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response always.
- Be aware of and always operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies.
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- Provide maintenance support to ensure peak performance of all systems to include mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC
- Complete projects/tasks in a thorough, accurate, and timely manner
- Be able to make sound decisions and problem solve timely and effectively
- Follow up on assigned service requests within 24 hours
- Complete assigned daily, weekly, and monthly tasks timely and accurately
- Constantly observe the condition of the community and immediately report and/or initiate action to correct unsafe condition
- Physically walk the property on a frequent basis to ensure pathways to units/models, stairways and breezeways, dumpster areas, recreation areas, common areas, grounds adjacent to the road and walkways always remain neat and free of litter and debris
- Maintain the appearance of the building exterior and grounds effectively
- Complete other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance and punctuality
- Perform after hours emergency on-call coverage as scheduled
- Be observant for any problem that could be a hazard or potentially dangerous situation for residents, staff, guests, and the public. This includes condition of pool gates, fencing, lighting, trip hazards, etc.
- Always display a service-oriented mindset maintaining courtesy and diplomacy with residents, colleagues, management, vendors, and all external customers
- High School Diploma preferred
- Minimum 2 years working in the apartment industry with related experience or training.
- Driver’s license required.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively.
- Bi-lingual helpful.