The Senior Enrollment Counselor (SEC) is responsible to recruit and enroll students in Ohio Christian University's (OCU) undergraduate and graduate online programs. As the initial and primary representative of OCU to prospective students and applicants, the SEC must have great communication skills (verbal and written), a solid understanding of OCU's enrollment process, detailed degree program knowledge and understanding of what careers students can pursue upon degree completion. The SEC has at least 2 years of experience in online student recruitment and may serve as a mentor for the newer Enrollment Counselors. In addition to recruiting students, the SEC may help senior leadership with yearly enrollment planning, tuition studies, secret shopping of competitor schools, enrollment counselor training and other duties as assigned.
Position Title: Senior Enrollment Counselor
Reports to: Senior Executive Officer and Dean of the School of Adult and Graduate Studies
Months per year: 12
Hours per week: 40
FLSA Status: Exempt
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
- Contact leads and applicants within 24 hours of the first inquiry or application
- Use the established enrollment communication strategies (phone, email, text) to engage with leads and applicants in a timely manner, understand their needs and coach them through the enrollment process
- Provide robust information regarding OCU's online programs to leads and applicants
- Accurately record engagement with leads and applicants in OCU's CRM (Slate)
- Accurately explain all payment plan options and transcript reviews
- Articulate what careers students can pursue upon OCU degree completion
- Mentor newer enrollment counselors
- Help senior leadership with yearly enrollment planning
- Pursue other projects (tuition studies, secret shopping of competitor schools, enrollment counselor training, etc.)
- Work with other OCU departments, as needed
- Evening or weekend hours may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- At least 2 years of experience successfully recruiting online students
- Superior communication skills (verbal, written)
- Superior interpersonal skills as evidenced by relating to and working well with peers and supervisors
- Self-motivated and able to work well independently
- Positive attitude and high energy
- Prioritize and value the student experience
- Able to travel to recruiting events in the greater Circleville and Columbus, OH areas, as needed
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Ohio Christian University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an 'at-will' basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Ohio Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer