You deserve a job that you feel proud of, where you can channel your knowledge and skills into projects that positively affect communities, and where you design your own path. This is Alliant. Become an employee-owner of a growing engineering and consulting firm where we strive to provide a diverse and equitable culture of support and opportunities. Our success is driven by our employee-owners, and we're excited to have you be a part of it.
The Impact You'll Have:
We are seeking an experienced Traffic Engineer in the SE Region, with a desire for a leadership role and has the initiative and network to build a traffic engineering group.
You will join our growing Jacksonville office, a team of about 40 professionals, to help build the Alliant transportation and traffic engineering services in the SE Region. You will have the support of our 60 transportation/traffic professionals in our Minneapolis headquarters to help you deliver projects and market clients that will grow our services in Jacksonville and surrounding region. In this role, you will market the Alliant transportation and traffic engineering brand through your network of transportation professionals, responding to requests for proposals and performing other exciting business development activities. You will also manage projects, lead, hire and mentor junior staff, and coordinate with other professionals in the Jacksonville and Minneapolis offices.
As an experienced traffic engineer, you will independently adhere and apply standard civil and traffic engineering principles and techniques. Your excellent technical, written and oral communication skill will lend your expertise in writing proposals, scopes of work and preparing project budgets, and managing project delivery. Other duties may include:
- Business development and client engagement marketing activities to pursue project opportunities.
- Building a team through hiring and mentoring traffic and transportation engineering support staff.
- Actively participating in professional organizations
- Project management and traffic and transportation project delivery
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 8+ years of experience
- PTOE Certification Preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- FDOT Experience Preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities, organization and multitasking skills
- Leadership qualifications
At Alliant, we take care of our employees by offering a world class benefit package including:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Market-leading Profit Sharing, ESOP and 401k Contribution programs
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability and Long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Wellness Programs & Competitions
- Generous Annual Leave and Compensatory Time Off programs
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual work environment
- Paid Professional Development and Training
- Community Involvement/Charity Events
- Numerous Employee Focused Events (Lunch & Learns, Office Recreation Room, Off-Site Socials, etc.)
Who We Are:
Alliant Engineering, Inc., an employee-owned company, is a growing engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and surveying firm with a strong culture of customer service, quality, delivery, and innovation. At Alliant we work hard; we have fun; and we love it.
We design solutions that address current needs while paving the way for a brighter future. We provide a culture of diversity, equity, and support, where everyone is given the opportunity to grow and succeed. We approach every project with unwavering confidence yet remain humbly committed to designing work that speaks for itself. At Alliant, our employee-owners are the force behind our success, and we can't wait for you to join us to build better communities with excellence and passion.
|We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.