Are you a Program Intervention Technician who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you'll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the Heilman I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we've provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan.
- 80 hours of paid time off.
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education.
- Career growth opportunities.
Pay Range: $18.00 to $18.95 an hour. Based on your experience.
Available Work Schedules (Part-Time)
What You Will Be Doing
This position will be working directly in a therapeutic setting with individuals aged 8-21 with a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. Constant engagement with and supervision of the individuals will be a requirement for staff. This will include programs specific to the individual's needs based on their IP; implementation of Applied Behavioral Analysis (which is a highly scheduled, intensive therapeutic approach to teach expected behavior and life skills); implementation of highly structured Behavior Support Plans and other approaches that the team determines appropriate for the individual. Implementation of intense behavioral programming is likely for issues including self-injury, aggression and elopement.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and in writing.
- Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant (training will be provided if not already certified).
- Valid Ohio Drivers License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- Proof of auto insurance
- One year experience working with intellectually or developmentally disabled individuals and experience implementing ABA preferred
Special Skills and Requirements:
- Must be detail oriented and have competent literacy and writing, documentation, communications and interpersonal abilities.
- Must be able to use tools and equipment as required including pushing/pulling wheelchairs, lifting consumers with Hoyer lifts
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.