Competitive Salary offering $80,000 annually
A leading property management company in the multi-housing industry, has an opening for a full-time Facilities Manager. We are seeking a self-motivated and a career-minded individual to join our team. Professional and friendly work environment. Great benefits including health, life, vacation and 401K. Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the physical aspects of all properties meet the company's established standards and any applicable laws. This is done for safety, appearance and operational efficiency reasons and must fall within budgeted financial goals. The Facilities Manager works with the Faciliities Director and on-site maintenance staff, participating in the diagnosis of problems and repair in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural and appliance. This position operates within and contributes to an environment in compliance with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Due to the variation of the position, the Facilities Manager may be responsible for any of the following responsibilities:
· Responsible for multiple property locations.
· Reports directly to Facilities Director.
· Promotes the highest standards of ethics and strategically ensures the most effective use of resources.
· Oversees the successful delivery, execution and management of all contracted work.
· Provides expanded supervision of Maintenance Technicians including delegating work, reviewing service requests and training.
· Troubleshoots service requests as needed to assist techs in the field.
· Review vendor bids and schedule vendors.
· Review contractor bids and schedule contractors.
· Source new vendors and contractors, developing lasting relationships.
· Track inventory and order supplies, code bills and manage budget.
· Inspect all aspects of property; grounds, building, vacant apartments, fire alarms, as part of preventive maintenance and curb appeal.
Be available for quick responses per Company policy, if on-call duties are required.
· Attend and participate in staff meetings as required or requested.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by Executive VP or Regional Maintenance Director
Skills and Abilities
- Administrative Skills - ability to interpret Company policies and procedures, track inventory and bids, answer phones, communicate with multiple vendors at once via email and phone. Cold calling vendors as needed.
- Analytical Skills - ability to read blueprints, ability to troubleshoot service request problems and consider alternative methods/materials if necessary.
- Communication/Language Skills - ability to read and comprehend warning labels and service requests, ability to effectively communicate with residents and other property staff. Ability to effectively communicate with contractors and vendors in a professional timely manner.
- Coordinating Skills - ability to prioritize projects, service requests and other tasks, ability to maintain records and schedule tasks for all sites. Ability to handle unforeseen circumstances.
- Computer Skills - Microsoft office, Spend Management, HappyCo, OneSite, HappyTasks.
- Creative Skills - ability to find the most efficient way to complete a task, continuously look for ways to cost effectively improve the property.
- Leadership Skills - ability to provide direction and assistance to the maintenance staff as a role model.
- Manual Skills - Changing locks, cleaning, snow removal, groundskeeping, as needed.
- Maintenance Skills - plumbing, electric, HVAC, carpentry, appliance repair, painting, drywall, pool as needed.
- Mathematical Skills - ability to manage budget, ability to calculate pricing and discounts, ability to calculate square footage and read proper measurements.
- Other Skills - confidentiality, customer service, decision-making, initiative, patience, professionalism, teamwork.
Work is typically performed at the property with moderate noise level; however, noise level will vary at times depending on assignment. Walking, standing, sitting, crouching, crawling and climbing are necessary throughout the day. A Regional Facilities Manager may be exposed to various weather conditions when working on the exterior of the property. It may be necessary to lift weights up to 100 pounds or greater. It is essential to be safety conscious as there is exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes/airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.