Bolton & Menk is a regional, consulting engineer firm with more than 70 years of experience serving the Upper Midwest and beyond. We have an exciting opportunity for aTransportation Construction Manager - Project Controls to join our Transportation team in the Twin Cities.This position offers the opportunity for you to join a growing, creative team in a well-established firm with a long history of superior service.
We strongly believe in providing our clients with the best service, which means we are looking for team members who demonstrate the ability to develop innovative solutions to our clients.
In this role you will work with project engineers and managers to provide construction contract administration services. This role will also take on responsibilities to assist with Project Controls. You will be responsible for supporting project managers with pre-construction and construction scheduling using the Critical Path Method, cost estimating, risk registers, project management plans and other project management tools.
What You Will Be Doing:
Construction Project Management:
- Review daily work reports, pay vouchers, and project documentation for compliance with plans and specifications
- Conduct weekly progress meetings with contractors and client staff that include agendas and minutes
- Assist with private utility relocation efforts and ensure utility permit conditions are met
- Schedule resources to ensure timely inspection, testing and surveying is performed on construction projects
- Assist with the preparation of engineering plans, specifications, and reports
- Perform effective technical writing and correspondence
- Travel periodically to work sites and other project related locations; perform construction observation and documentation of projects in the field
- Reviews and prepares schedules for design, pre-design, letting and construction.
- Develops schedules for use in all areas of business lines and work closely with project management team in setting project goals and analyzing the status of projects.
- Interfaces the schedule with the project budget; monitor actual progress, compare to baseline, and report progress against the schedule.
- Supports schedule tracking functions by monitoring major milestone performance, updating scheduling tools, and analyzing variances.
- Participates with the project team as schedule advisor to ensure early identification of problem areas; support development of corrective action plans.
- Performs detailed review of contractor schedule submittals including baseline, monthly updates and impact schedules.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited post-secondary institutionor relevant experience performing the duties of this position
- Minimum (2) two years of experience in either infrastructure design and/or construction
- Must be capable of working in extended outdoor conditions and you must be physically capable of navigating rugged terrain for the purpose of performing the construction observation duties outlined above.
- Must possess basic MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
- Must possess a valid drivers license and your own transportation. You will be reimbursed for business-related travel.
- Ability to actively listen to others for understanding of their needs and situations; ability to read, speak and write English clearly is required. This position interacts with City staff, City residents, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Engineer-In-Training Certification or other relevant certification (to allow Construction Management grad also)
- Prior transportation related scheduling experience utilizing Primavera P6
- Working knowledge and skills in CAD and design software. (i.e. AutoCAD Civil3D, Microstation).
- Experience developing various cost estimates using construction estimating software
- Contractor management experience in a profit/loss position
- Prior MnDOT experience in cost and schedule functions
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrows leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms and is a Star Tribune Top200Workplace in Minnesota. With over 700employees in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina, and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available. Learn more about our history here:https://www.bolton-menk.com/about-us/
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules, and career development opportunities. Learn more here:https://www.bolton-menk.com/careers
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
It is our responsibility and privilege to embrace the diversity of people, thoughts, and experiences necessary to develop infrastructure systems that serve all people. Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer including disability and vets.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.