The Meeting Specialist is the primary NCM representative who works in support of Executive Conference Moderator(s) and Consultant(s) to plan and execute 20 Group meetings, in-dealership meetings, and OEM programs. The Specialist serves as the primary resource for meeting planning tasks including hotel accommodations, dinner reservations, activity planning, food and beverage, audio and visual requirements, and transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Create/Maintain a minimum of 2 years of meetings in the Meeting Planning Chart (MPC) for all 20 Group, Benchmark Plan Groups, and Consulting Engagements on behalf of the Retail Solutions Division.
• Initiates communication with Hotel contact(s) to ensure preparations (group block created/open, reservation weblink available, banquet menus secured, Executive Conference Moderators guestroom reservation secured, etc.), are underway for future engagements.
• Meeting Planning: negotiation and guarantee of food and beverage (F&B), audio visual (AV), on/off-site activities, transportation, etc., within the standard operating timeframe.
• Secures approval and processes all necessary deposits or payments for on/off site dinners, activities, transportation, etc.
• Responsible for providing members with the Activity Registration form including subsequent follow up messaging until registration is confirmed or meeting occurs.
• Create/Maintain Point of Contact documentation for the Retail Solutions Division related to assigned engagements.
• Effectively communicate and execute all aspects of meeting planning with on- and off-site employees.
• Responsible for aiding with priorities tasked to the Support Specialists and Client Success Specialists when daily priorities have been achieved in the Meeting Specialist role.
• Assists with new employee training as needed. As such, the associate is knowledgeable and efficient with all responsibilities within the role.
• Assists with work overflow.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred; however, requirement may be satisfied with equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of 2 years related work or industry experience.
• Knowledge of CRM/databases, Salesforce.com a plus.
• Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to handle private and confidential information in accordance with company’s interests and policies, legal requirements, and business ethics.
• Strong time management skills.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and superior multi-tasking abilities.
• Solid problem-solving skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to change.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand, walk, sit, speak, hear, see and use hands to handle objects.