Are you a Network Engineer? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 232 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
Schedule: Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Location: Hybrid (Remote & Columbus, OH)
What You Will Be Doing:
The Network Engineer is responsible for the health of our Windows platform along with all products related to the server, paying particular attention to the operational activities, proactive capacity management, and the surveillance of events. They will also contribute to the execution of various projects and will provide second-level support for Microsoft systems. This individual will manage and maintain our Windows system and server network with external vendors. Responsible for installing or upgrading Windows-based systems and servers, as well as managing user access to the servers, and maintaining the security and stability of the network. The Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining our existing network reliability and functionality while improving the overall design, architecture, and security. This individual will monitor, maintain, and improve our connectivity with ISPs, Infrastructure Hardware, Co-Locate, and hosting vendors, as well as maintain enterprise-wide site interconnections via direct fiber, static and dynamic secure tunnels/VPNs, and other technologies as they become available. This includes providing designs, shepherding change requests through our processes, and developing solutions as needed for projects and programs.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Technical Expertise
- Customer Orientation
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Learning Agility
- Peer and mentor leadership
- Organizing and Planning
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Operate effectively in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of Windows server setup, deployment, and maintenance
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and progressive, related experience.
- Three to five years of technical troubleshooting experience in a role where analytical troubleshooting and problem-resolution skills were required.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Advanced use of administrator-level tasks with the following: Windows OS 2012(r2), 2016/2019/2022Practical knowledge of TCP/IP (firewall configuration, Site to Site VPNs, NAT, connectivity troubleshooting).
- Previous experience or good understanding of virtualized technologies: VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Experience with databases, patch management, and networks, including LAN and WAN.
- Familiarity with modern operating systems and server platforms.
- Knowledge of network security systems, intrusion detection systems, and data back-up.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccinaton
- Prior experience working with a non-profit or health-oriented organization is a plus.
- MCSA, CompTIA, and CCNA certifications are a plus.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.