TITLE: Events Production Assistant
SALARY & FLSA: $18.00-20.00 per hour; FSLA non-exempt
OPENING DATE: 05/23/2023
CLOSING DATE: 06/06/2023 (May close sooner if a sufficient number of qualified applications is received.)
JOB TYPE: Regular, Full-time
DEPARTMENT: Group Events
HOW DO YOU ZOO?
More than 1.3 million people visit Woodland Park Zoo each year. We connect people with wildlife and remind them of what’s at stake in our changing world. Our job is to motivate people to take action and provide them with the tools needed to join us in saving endangered species. Working for the zoo means upholding our mission, “To save wildlife and inspire everyone to make conservation a priority in their lives.” Apply today and show us how you zoo.
In the peak season (June-September and December) this role will Wednesday to Sunday, and will work evenings. In the off season, this role will work Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend and night shift, non standard shifts will be assigned with advanced notice.
WHO YOU ARE
As our new Events Production Assistant, we know you will be successful in this role because you:
- Love Creating Fun: You are ready to help support events of all kinds; including concerts, tours, dinners, and activities. You want to help every event be memorable and are willing to help in any way you can.
- Are Focused: No detail goes missed under your watch. You meet all deadlines and help to keep projects on schedule.
- Have Strong Administrative Abilities: As a clerical pro, you are a clear communicator and can adjust your messaging based on the audience. You strive to be as inclusive as possible. You are also comfortable maintaining various different software programs and files, entering data, and recording meeting minutes.
- Remain Cool Under Pressure: You are not easily phased. You can work well under pressure and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and changing environment.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track event status and perform a variety of detail-oriented tasks to ensure event preparedness, including conducting weekly communication meetings with the Grounds and Maintenance team leaders.
- Meet event deadlines, projects, and targets to keep to an event schedule; participate in problem solving event related issues.
- Perform general office duties.
- Responsible for set up and break down of equipment as needed.
- Provide support for break schedules, crowd control, and responding to radio calls as directed by department leads.
- One (1) year certificate from college or technical school and six (6) or more months’ related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated customer service skills on the phone or in person with a diverse group of individuals and organizations.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Successful applicants must live and work in Washington State to perform this role.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
The Woodland Park Zoo offers a comprehensive benefits package for fulltime staff including:
- Medical, dental, and vision HMO and PPO plans for you and eligible dependents
- 11 paid holidays and 2 personal holidays
- Accrue 12 vacation days and another 12 days of sick your first year
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free zoo membership that includes zoo admission and discounts after 90 days
- 4 complimentary tickets per year plus other discounts and perks
- Free staff parking
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
Application: Please include a resume with your application through our Zoo Careers site at zoo.org/jobs. The zoo may review existing application pools to fill this position or use this pool to fill future vacancies.
This opportunity is open to all candidates that meet the qualifications. Woodland Park Zoo values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The zoo encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, 2SLGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences. Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Screening: We will review applications and select some candidates for screening calls. Final candidates will be invited for virtual or in-person interviews.
Offer: Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process including the completion of a background check.