The Management Trust
Position Title: General Manager
Location: Sacramento, CA at Natomas Park
Reporting To: Division Vice President of Onsite Communities
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Salary: $105,000 - $110,000 Annually
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients' needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The Club General Manager is responsible for partnering with the Association Board of Directors (Board) and our Company to fulfill obligations of the management contract in conjunction with the goals and objectives of the Board. Key areas of focus include management and support of the community association (HOA), including, but not limited to: daily operations, regular interaction with and support of Board/homeowners/vendors, meeting attendance, budget preparation, and overall community business management. This is a leadership position that requires a strong commitment to delivering an exceptional customer experience while balancing the needs of many stakeholders.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee major club operation including but not limited to, gym and workout facility, food and beverage operation, hospitality-oriented event center, and amenity and facilities management.
- Where needed, develop operating policies and procedures.
- Implements and monitors the budget, monitors the quality of the club's products and services and ensures maximum member satisfaction.
- Manage payroll budget and oversee scheduling process.
- Provide management services in compliance with the terms of the management contract.
- Prepare annual budget estimates for Board action and approval.
- Assist Board and homeowners with problem resolution.
- Provide fiscal management, including, but not limited to: reviewing and approving invoices, coordinating reserve study updates.
- Conduct site reviews daily and provide oversight of related maintenance matters to facility manager.
- Review and submit requests for vendor bids and contracted services.
- Prepare schedules and establish priorities for routine and special work projects.
- Attend association meetings, including, but not limited to: Board and committee meetings.
- Communicate in-person, telephone, and/or via email to Board members, homeowners, and vendors regarding community business in a timely manner.
- Work independently, with little oversight, and with accountability to executive management for the end result achieved.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and ownership mentality; we believe each employee can build his/her own future.
- Represent the community at designated meetings and formal functions.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
This skill set is generally acquired through a combination of a degree in a Business Administration (or related) field, along with five (5) years of experience with increasing responsibility in food and beverage, hospitality and amenity management.
- Professional designations are a plus.
- Knowledge of accepted management practices and procedures, building and grounds maintenance requirements, personnel development and administration, and budget/finance
- Ability to motivate teams while simultaneously managing several projects
- Knowledge of management contracts.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Strong leadership abilities and comfort with public speaking (small and large groups).
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and address time-sensitive issues.
- Superior multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to provide high-level customer service with astute attention to detail and organization.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to manage workflow amid shifting priorities.
- Willing to learn Company process and procedures, and learn/use proprietary software.
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record.
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all staff and guests at all times.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, vehicle insurance, and driving record in compliance with Company policy
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
- Travel to and from offsite locations
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
- 30-70 direct reports (depending on time of the year), primarily hourly staff.
- Responsible for detail-oriented personnel related administrative responsibilities, including timekeeping.
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- SOME WEEKEND AND NIGHTTIME HOURS DEPENDING ON EVENT SCHEDULE.
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs, including weekends and holidays
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.