JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Prepare foods of many different types and styles, including entrees, side dishes, appetizers, salads, soups, desserts, and pastries according to catering orders.
• Demonstrate and perform culinary techniques such as roast meats, filets fish, cuts proteins appropriately.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the types and uses of utensils and equipment used in large quantity food preparation and cooking such as ovens, knives, stoves, steamers, fryolators.
• Demonstrate an extensive knowledge of basic cooking techniques grilling, sauté, griddle, fryer, baking, broiling, plating, and food decoration.
• Handle and store ingredients and food as instructed.
• Follow daily production sheets for menus. Any deviation must be approved by the Chef on duty.
• Execute opening and closing duties.
Check the quality and freshness of ingredients. Report any concerns immediately to the Chef on duty.
• Ensure prepared food is stored properly for delivery to event locations where food is being catered.
• Always adhere to proper food handling and preparation best practices to prevent foodborne illness.
• Responsible for execution of the assigned meal and understanding the timing of food production and to have all components of presentation during catering events.
• Must operate all kitchen equipment safely at all times.
• Maintain the kitchen, work station, kitchen equipment, and related areas in a clean, sanitary, and safe condition at all times.
• Adhere to policies and procedures and Health regulations.
• Provide ART! Experience to our guests and coworkers
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
·A 3+ year’s of various culinary experience in a high-volume restaurant or catering kitchen.
·Must be able to work holidays, weekends, irregular hours, and varied shifts.
·Demonstrate detailed knowledge of trends in the catering food.?
·Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.?
·Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure of deadlines, while working independently and delivering against multiple priorities.?
·Southern Nevada Health District Food Handlers Certified.
·Be able to stand and work on your feet for extended periods of time.
·Must be able to maintain calm and professional demeanor in a high-stress and fast-paced environment.
·Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.