TITLE: Events Production Specialist
SALARY & FLSA: $22.00-25.00 per hour; FSLA non-exempt
OPENING DATE: 05/19/2023
CLOSING DATE: 05/26/2023
JOB TYPE: Regular, Full-time
LOCATION: Hybrid (on grounds 3 days/week and remainder may be remote)
HOW DO YOU ZOO?
More than 1.3 million people visit Woodland Park Zoo each year. We connect people with wildlife and remind them of what’s at stake in our changing world. Our job is to motivate people to take action and provide them with the tools needed to join us in saving endangered species. Working for the zoo means upholding our mission, “To save wildlife and inspire everyone to make conservation a priority in their lives.” Apply today and show us how you zoo.
WHO YOU ARE
As our new Events Production Specialist, we know you will be successful in this role because you:
- Promoting Fun: You’re passionate about planning events that create fantastic experiences and joyous memories for our guests.
- Picture Perfect: No detail goes missed under your watch so with the rest of your team you’re able to pull off an amazing event.
- Ready to Work: Which means providing clear communication and collaboration by amplifying those sometimes quieter voices on the team so together you present an impressive event.
- Lasting Legacy: You want each event to be talked about for years to come and that means establishing relationships with sponsors and vendors by demonstrating your hard work ethic and trustworthiness.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Events Team to coordinate, schedule, and direct zoo volunteers and zoo staff for onsite and offsite zoo events.
- Use established processes to communicate with all zoo departments who may be impacted by a planned event, such as Group Sales, Catering, Admissions, Animal Management, A/V, Admissions, Development, Learning & Innovation, Maintenance, Security, etc.
- Meet event deadlines, projects, and targets to keep to an event schedule; participate in problem solving event related issues.
- Provide production support for the zoo’s annual and signature events, including event setup and execution.
- Brainstorm and research new features and activities, as well as purchase and prepare supplies.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) from an accredited college or university or equivalent, plus two (2) or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated customer service skills on the phone or in person with a diverse group of individuals and organizations.
- Ability to understand, explain, and enforce polices to onsite staff, other zoo departments, and the public in a clear and confident manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Successful applicants must live and work in Washington State to perform this role.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old.
The Woodland Park Zoo offers a comprehensive benefits package for fulltime staff including:
- Medical, dental, and vision HMO and PPO plans for you and eligible dependents
- 11 paid holidays and 2 personal holidays
- Accrue 12 vacation days and another 12 days of sick your first year
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free zoo membership that includes zoo admission and discounts after 90 days
- 4 complimentary tickets per year plus other discounts and perks
- Free staff parking
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
Application: Please include a resume with your application through our Zoo Careers site at zoo.org/jobs. The zoo may review existing application pools to fill this position or use this pool to fill future vacancies.
This opportunity is open to all candidates that meet the qualifications. Woodland Park Zoo values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The zoo encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, 2SLGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences. Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com.
Screening: We will review applications and select some candidates for screening calls. Final candidates will be invited for virtual or in-person interviews.
Offer: Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process including the completion of a background check.