Do you want to have FUN while providing the BEST-IN-CLASS care to your patients?
Do you want to feel appreciated for your contributions to your team?
We are looking for a Dental Assistant II.
State-of-the-art dental practice is growing! We provide general, emergency, cosmetic, orthodontic, periodontic, and pediatric services.
A dental assistant's job has many levels and can vary based on the skill level of the assistant and the dentist that they work with. It is a job that requires patience, empathy, quick thinking, and people skills. A dental assistant is in charge of ordering supplies, re-stocking supplies, sterilization, taking x-rays, patient's medical history, OSHA and HIPPA control, set-up and take-down of rooms, patient interaction, educating patients, taking impressions, treatment planning, clinical notes, communicating with team members and patients, knowing about each aspect of dentistry (crowns, fillings, extractions, root canals, implants, etc), post-op instructions, documentation, scheduling appointments, lab work, checking in lab cases, entering procedure codes, knowing general anatomy of mouth/dental terms, initial diagnosis/assessment of patient, and assisting the dentist and keeping them calm and on time. A dental assistant is always two steps ahead of the dentist and is able to switch gears quickly.
What is Expected of a Smiles Team Assistant on a Daily Basis
- Show up on time
- Be ready for morning huddles and be AT the morning huddles
- Have a POSITIVE attitude
- Leave outside issues OUTside the office!
- Have treatment rooms set up and ready to go
- STAY in the rooms with the doctor
- Keep sterilization area clean
- Follow proper cleaning and sterilization procedures
- Interact with patients AND team members in a positive and respectful way
- Clean up and set up for the next patient or next day before leaving
- Make sure all clinical notes are done for the day
- Clean up and turn off everything before leaving
- Make sure all lab cases are done or checked in for the following day
- Ordering supplies/Stocking supplies
- Close out appointments in the back and make appointments in the back
- Treatment plan and effectively transition the hand off to the front
- Scanning with Cerec and/or iTero
- Attend all department meetings and trainings
- Seek to learn and grow as much as possible
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR;
- A positive team player that goes the extra mile to provide the best care to our patients.
A DAY IN THE LIFE WITH OUR TEAM:
- Competitive rate per hour + lucrative monthly bonuses!
- Team-Player Environment
WHAT MAKES US STATE OF THE ART:
- Digital X-rays (Nomad)
- Rotary Endodontics
- Paperless office
Our Dental Assistants deliver 'Best in Class' care to every patient, every day. The ideal candidate for this position is an individual that has a high level of empathy, patience, quick thinking, and a willingness to want to help others. The Dental Assistant 'assists' our Dentist during a variety of dental procedures. Whether you are an experienced Dental Assistant, or you are motivated to learn more about the dental industry we would like to tell you more.
BENEFITS FOR FULL-TIME POSITIONS ONLY:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education: Completion of a certified dental assistant training program required. Radiographic certification required. Coronal Polishing is a plus, but not required.
- Skills and Experience: 18 months or more of clinical experience as a dental assistant required.