First Security Bank offers career opportunities for diverse, professional, and energetic individuals who foster a culture that values critical thinking, problem solving and who executive operational excellence.
We are looking to fill the position of Compliance Officer in Central Arkansas. This is an onsite position and office location is contigent upon operational need. Please note that we do not accept resumes and encourage applicants to include work history on our formal application available via the "Apply Now" link.
Feel free to contact Shanté Zornes at 501.324.8110 to review more details. I look forward to speaking with you!
Serve as an active part of the Compliance team in developing, monitoring, providing input and administering the Compliance Management and Bank Secrecy Act programs to ensure the bank complies with all applicable consumer compliance regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain strict privacy regarding customer account information. Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provide customers with exceptional customer service and execute operational excellence. In person: Greet every customer with a smile, maintain eye contact, call them by name, stay connected in conversation and let them know they are appreciated. When on the telephone: Speak with a smile, call them by name, stay connected in the conversation and let them know they are appreciated.
- Constantly communicate and exchange information with internal and external customers by articulating effectively by answering questions in person, via e-mail or on telephone. Ability to discuss complex and sometimes sensitive subjects with clarity and tact. Ability to remain calm, patient, objective and professional when presented with difficult situations. Capable of dealing with bank, service center and customer related queries and bringing issues to satisfactory conclusions.
- Gain knowledge of regulatory protocol, bank policies and the FAQs. Comprehensive knowledge of the regulatory requirements related to the origination and servicing of consumer credit and deposit products, including knowledge of Regulations Z, B, DD, E, CC, V and RESPA, and fair lending regulations.
- Develop relationships of trust and confidence with designated lines of business.
- Research federal and state banking laws and regulations and assists in their interpretation and implementation and aligns risk management practices with strategic goals and objectives. Keep abreast of new laws and regulations.
- Assist with corporate policy and training development.
- Assist in overseeing actions of comprehensive self-testing, independent third party and regulatory audits; makes necessary preparations for such audits or exams; coordinates responses to external auditors and regulatory examiners; ensures deficiencies identified from such audits and examinations are corrected.
- Proactively identify process improvements or control gaps and facilitate necessary associated changes.
- Ensures compliance risks are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank’s risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Assist in drafting responses to regulatory inquiries and assist with responses to information requests and reviews by internal audit and regulators.
- Participates in the review of new products, services, and pricing.
- Educate and provide consultative advice on related regulations.
- Identify and assess key compliance risks.
- Perform targeted reviews or other risk assessment activity as deemed necessary by ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- Operate keyboard, telephone, scanner, and copier. Strong computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Office Outlook, typing, 10 key and the internet. Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Proficiency with internal bank software and NTruPoint Software will be required.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and work cooperatively with other co-workers.
- Complete all on-line compliance Teal Training courses timely.
- Required to gain working regulatory knowledge including but not limited to: privacy, safeguarding customer information, Community Reinvestment Act, HMDA, and flood regulations.
- Additional duties may be assigned or required by management.
May indirectly or directly supervise employee’s dependent on market. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Scheduled Hours: 40 Hours per Week
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM | Extended working hours & Business Development may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS |EDUCATION | EXPERIENCE | SKILLS | AVAILABILITY
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Candidate must be, a minimum, of 18 years of age.
• High School Diploma or GED Required.
• Bachelor’s Degree Required.
• 2-3 years relevant work experience as a Financial Services Compliance professional, Bank Regulator or other comparable legal or audit experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory requirements related to the origination and servicing of consumer credit and deposit products, including knowledge of Regulations Z, B, DD, E, CC, V, and Respa, and fair lending regulations.
• CRCM (Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager).
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong research skills coupled with strong problem solving/analysis skills.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and be energized by the opportunity to assist in new program build and have willingness to pivot as necessary.
Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, engagement, inclusion, diversity, and execute operational excellence. Establish positive and productive work relationships; able to generate trust, ability, and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback. Willingness to adhere to a strict ethical code of conduct.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT INFORMATION
The employee must possess sufficient mobility to work in and move about in a standard office setting and sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Substantial time may be spent on the telephone and working on a computer, sitting and/or standing. The employee must have the ability to hear and articulate well enough to carry on a normal conversation, both in person and over the telephone. Visual abilities required by this job include the ability to read materials in either a printed format or on a computer screen. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position require the ability to maintain attention to detail and complete work projects accurately in a short amount of time, despite interruptions. The employee must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations. The position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents and draft written communications.