Starting Pay: $21.4138 Hourly ($44,541)
After 1st Year: $22.7024 Hourly ($47,221)
After 2nd Year: $23.4305 Hourly ($48,735)
After 3rd Year: $24.1588 Hourly ($50,250)
Must possess a valid group “B” CDL without restrictions and perform the duties of the position with or without accommodation.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs a variety of manual laboring tasks; works under supervision; performs related duties as required.
STATEMENT OF TASKS:
- Performs simple tasks involved in building and repairing taxiways, access roads, sidewalks, culverts, sewers, curbs, gutters, etc.;
- Performs pick and shovel work on asphalt, concrete, and unpaved streets, roads and taxiways;
- Assists in the laying of sewer pipe and related functions;
- Cleans, repairs and places forms used for laying concrete and assists with the finishing work;
- Cleans catch basins and curb basin covers and loads refuse;
- Loads and unloads trucks and cars of pipe, cement and other materials;
- Digs trenches and lays drain pipe;
- Performs grounds maintenance including mowing, raking, seeding, watering, planting, and fertilizing;
- Operates a light or medium duty truck and other non-driven power equipment and performs simple maintenance;
- Cleans, cuts and clears trees, brush and debris from open ditches.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to drive a vehicle and possess a valid group “B” CDL;
- Ability to utilize hand tools and non-driven power equipment;
- Ability to follow simple oral instructions;
- Ability to attend work regularly and work under stressful conditions.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and respectfully in a complex, multicultural work environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion;