Starting Pay: $41.3220 Hourly ($85,950)
After 1st Year: $42.7684 Hourly ($88,958)
After 2nd Year: $44.2331 Hourly ($92,005)
After 3rd Year: $45.7812 Hourly ($95,225)
After 4th Year: $47.3837 Hourly ($98,558)
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred), in the field of computer science, information sciences, or a related field with a minimum of 7 years of experience managing Cisco network hardware and software in a multi-site environment larger than 10 locations
One or more of the following certifications: CISCO CCNP, CompTIA Network+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
Certifications and other job-related trainings will be required and will change from time to time as determined by the CIO.
Must be available to respond 24/7 to address systems issues on an as needed basis when required.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Performs highly specialized work which includes the design, installation, administering, and optimizing of WAN, LAN, Wireless, Telecommunications and related components to achieve high reliability and performance. Ensures the availability of systems, configuring new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the network and telecommunications environment. Ensures the physical security, integrity, and safety of the network. Participates in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all hardware, software, and communication links. Leads and coordinates varying research/implementation projects utilizing proper documentation, tools, and task management skills. Must be available to respond 24x7 to address systems issues on an as needed basis when required. Works under the supervision of the Chief Information Officer or designated staff member.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly self-motivated and directed with solid leadership skills;
- Supervision of staff and ability to work well in a team environment;
- Knowledge and configuration of Network Equipment including LAN/WAN and Wireless;
- Knowledge and configuration of Telecommunications systems including VOIP;
- Knowledge and configuration of IT Security best practices;
- Knowledge and configuration of Next Gen Firewalls;
- Ability to work in and remain professional in high stress environment;
- Ability to conduct research across a wide range of computing issues;
- Ability to analyze design and architect appropriate technology solutions;
- Passion for continuous learning.
STATEMENT OF TASKS:
- Plan, design, test, implement, and troubleshoot enterprise network and telecommunication systems including hardware, software and appliances;
- Implement and maintain security solutions and ensure that proper security practices are followed including monthly patching of software, updates to firmware and review of system logs on a daily basis.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, service records and security configuration;
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex system problems and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions;
- Development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan executables;
- Respond to emergency outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans;
- Monitor the performance of network to ensure proper performance and reliability;
- Provide training and written documentation for support personnel;
- Manage and/or provide guidance and/or direction of subordinates;
- Write technical specifications for purchase of network and telecommunications hardware and software products;
- Interact and negotiate with vendors and contractors to secure products, and services;
- Assist in research on relevant technology products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry;
- Attend training seminars, conferences, and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future issues and technologies.