From under the lights of US Bank Stadium and Target Center to the inner workings of Tesla and the University of Minnesota, Parsons Electric, an Archkey Solutions Company, is one of North America's premier electrical and low-voltage providers. When you work with an ArchKey Solutions platform company, the future is yours to create. With an average employee tenure over nine years, we are committed to developing your talents and finding the best place for you to succeed within our organization. We are currently seeking a Senior Estimator to add to our team.
At Parsons Electric, our culture is built around empowerment and our shared core values - Problem Solving, Responsive to Customers, Optimizing Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, and Doing What You Say - and embodies the attitudes we use to create an inclusive work environment. As problem solvers, we believe there's always room for growth and evolution and that what makes us different provides unique perspectives that can also make us better. We extend beyond the traditional to also celebrate diverse ways of thinking and form inclusive workplaces. No matter where your journey with us begins, we look forward to seeing what impact you can make on us to improve, reshape, and enhance our culture.
What you'll do as a Senior Estimator…
- Partner with preconstruction and project management teams to prepare estimates, proposal and bid reviews, document reviews, cost value analysis, and bid processes.
- Develop and implement detailed work plans for project team delineating critical tasks, priorities, and timetables. Maintain and communicate a holistic view of projects with clear understanding of all project components.
- Survey job sites to assess scope of work and to determine the most cost effective and efficient plan.
- Lead customer interviews and presentations to win projects.
- Analyze complex problems and draw logical conclusions to guide next steps.
- Establish relationships in the industry that lead to new client relationships or business opportunities.
- Build meaningful relationships, grow, and develop professionally, and have opportunities to advance to Chief Estimators and Director roles.
Our best candidates…
- Will have an associate degree or equivalent experience in construction management or related field.
- Will have 5-8 years of electrical construction experience in estimating and estimating software, common code requirements, and design/build estimating, as well as skills to read, interpret and understand electrical contracts, plans, drawings, blueprints, and specifications.
- Will have superior analytical and mathematical skills, along with strong estimating and critical thinking skills.
- Will demonstrate leadership, independent problem-solving skills, detail orientation, time management and customer service skills.
- Are good coaches and demonstrate solid training and mentoring skills, champion all elements of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and foster a collaborative environment where team success is celebrated.
- Are receptive to those who have a different point of view as a way to consider new ideas or approaches and respect the perspectives of others.
Our team members benefit from...
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k) and financial resources
- Employee assistance
- Education assistance
- Pet insurance
- Voluntary benefits
Parsons Electric is dedicated to providing an equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, sex, sexual orientation, religion, protected veterans status, disability status, or any other legally protected characteristic. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is an important aspect of our culture and we encourage all women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply!
Every person is welcomed Every person is included Every person is valued
To read up on us or to learn more, please visit pecsolutions.com