Turning Point Community Programs is seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse for our Community Outreach Recovery and Empowerment (CORE Madison) program in Sacramento. Turning Point Community Programs (TPCP) provides integrated, cost-effective mental health services, employment and housing for adults, children and their families that promote recovery, independence and self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative and high quality services that assist adults and children with psychiatric, emotional and/or developmental disabilities in achieving their goals. Turning Point Community Programs (TPCP) has offered a path to mental health and recovery since 1976. We help people in our community every single day – creating a better space for all types of people in need. Join our mission of offering hope, respect and support to our clients on their journey to mental health and wellness.
Under direction of the director of nursing or the medical director, this position is responsible for providing basic nursing care to members.
This is an at-will medical position within a program. This position is responsible for all aspects of medical and psychiatric services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that could be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Provides and administers basic nursing care within the scope of practice of an LVN/LPT. Duties typically include, but are not limited to, basic hygiene; measurement of vital signs; basic client assessment utilizing a plan of care established by the RN; performance of prescribed medical treatments; and administration of prescribed medications.
- Teach members and PSC’s regarding health issues, medications, and side effects.
- Provides medical support to other Turning Point facilities as needed.
- Monitors and reports adverse reactions to medications and treatment to the RN and/or Physician.
- Utilizes good infection control procedures.
- Maintains current First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Maintains valid licensure as LVN or LPT
- Utilizes behavioral management and crisis intervention techniques.
- Carries out social and vocational training tasks.
- Facilitates individual and group therapeutic activities.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary health conferences.
- Administers annual TB testing and flu shots.
- Gives injections and performs blood draws.
- Adheres to and upholds the policies and procedures of Turning Point Community Programs.
- Ensures compliance with State licensing standards.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compensation: $30.00 - $31.84 per hour
Interested? Join us at our open interviews on Wednesdays from 2-4PM,
located at 10850 Gold Center Drive, Suite 325, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!