The Management Trust
Position Title: Front Desk Assistant
Location: San Diego, CA at The Vue on 5th
Reporting To: Division Vice President of Community Management
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Salary: $23.00 - $25.00 hourly
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The Front Desk Assistant is responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service and integrity for homeowners and the association by monitoring access to the building, handling secure information, and maintaining privacy for residents. A primary focus is to ensure all property rules are followed regarding visitors, vendors, parking enforcement, and unit access.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a professional demeanor with all who come in contact with the community
- Be familiar with residents and their unit numbers in order to greet homeowners by name
- Partner with the Community Association Manager to coordinate front desk coverage in emergency situations and when resident concerns/needs are escalated
- Control building access to ensure unwanted and/or unauthorized individuals do not enter the property
- Manage unit access, including key inventory/distribution
- Oversee incoming parcels and packages; record in package log and monitor distribution to residents
- Ensure our Confidentiality & Non-Disclosure Agreement policy is followed at all times; this includes maintaining confidentiality in all conversations with residents
- Maintain the safety of residents, guests, and community property by ensuring non-association approved individuals are not allowed access to off-limits areas, including, but not limited to roof, fire control room, equipment rooms, maintenance/supply closets, restricted garage storage areas, and behind the front desk
- Maintain/develop positive working relationships with the primary ongoing building maintenance vendors (i.e., janitorial, engineering, elevators, landscape, security, etc.)
- Perform periodic security rounds to visually inspect all entry points, ensure all lights in entry points are functioning, and note any suspicious activity; this includes potential or actual safety hazards, as well as regularly monitoring the community’s security camera system
- Report unsafe conditions and/or injuries on the property (whether an employee, resident, guest, vendor, etc.) and complete an incident report; contact emergency services as needed
- Record all activity in the front desk logbook and include accurate/complete accounts per community standards and procedures
- Maintain the vendor logbook, which may include contractors, housekeepers, and/or other service/delivery personnel; ensure vendors adhere to association guidelines regarding work hours
- Understand and enforce community policies regarding all aspects of compliance, including move in/move out and visitor requirements
- Coordinate move-ins and move-outs, collect move-in/out deposits, and hang elevator pads for move-ins/outs as well as furniture deliveries
- Prepare a weekly update for residents to include notifications of upcoming meetings, maintenance items and reinforce policies
- Experience in reception and customer service preferred
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and address time-sensitive issues
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to provide high-level customer service with astute attention to detail and organization
- Must be a team player
- Ability to manage workflow amid shifting priorities
- Superior computer skills—email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Willing to learn Company process and procedures, and learn/use proprietary software
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all internal and external customers at all times
- Use standard office equipment, including computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to forty (40) pounds
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- May be required to work weekends and holidays
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.