The Management Trust
Position Title: Cook
Location: Sacramento, CA at Natomas Park
Reporting To: Director of Food & Beverage
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time, Seasonal
Salary: $16.50 - $17.00 per hour
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients' needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The Cook is responsible for providing high-quality cuisine and delivering an exceptional customer experience. This position plays a key role in maintaining and enhancing the satisfaction of all who come in contact with the Food & Beverage department.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the preparation and design of all food and drink menus
- Prepare high-quality plates, both in design and taste
- Ensure the kitchen operates in a timely manner that meets our quality standards
- Resourcefully resolve any issues that arise in the kitchen and own the outcome
- Utilize proper rotation techniques by dating and labeling all products and using first in-first out rotation
- Ensure proper sanitation techniques to eliminate cross-contamination
- Order supplies and stock inventory
- Abide by and enforce strict health and safety standards, including those established by the state
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Current Food Handler Card (Sacramento County)
- High School Diploma (or equivalent); Culinary Degree preferred
- Proficiency in kitchen administration and meal preparation - with a minimum of (1) year of experience
- Familiarity with country club/hotel/high-end operations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be a team player who is committed to delivering high-level customer service
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all staff and guests at all times
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Use standard kitchen equipment and supplies, including: appliances, tools, knives (excellent knife skills required) and food/beverages
- Keen eye-hand coordination, as well as an astute sense of taste and smell
- Be stationary or in motion for periods of time (often in motion)
- Relocate up to (40) pounds
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Sunday-Saturday 10:30am-7:00pm
- May be required to work long hours, weekends, and holidays
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.
|We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate and support diversity.
The Management Trust reserves the right to modify any job description at any time based on business need.