At SKYMINT, we have one mission and one mission only: to change people's lives for the better.
Change your life. Change the world.
Personal change. Social change. Political change. We want it all, and we’re committed to being trailblazers in the cannabis industry. By creating, developing, distributing, and selling the best cannabis products on the market, and by giving back to support positive change in our communities, we believe we cannot only change our customers’ lives for the better; we believe we can change the world.
At Skymint, we believe access to the best cannabis plants can help you live your best life. So, we grow them right here in Michigan, giving farm-to-stash freshness at the best value around.
We treat our teams like the modern-day cannabis sommeliers they are, giving them the resources, they need to create life-changing experiences for all. Why? Because we’ve seen what happens when happy people make happy plants. We hope you’ll want to be a part of this team!
This role will be specifically tasked with receiving the product from the Cure Department and manicuring the flowers for proper appearance. To help alleviate the amount of labor incurred with the trimming process, automated dry trimming machines will be utilized to remove excess leaf from the marijuana flowers and allow for proper collection of this product. This employee will properly record weight of product and mark it down for input into the METRC system. Working in a cannabis production facility may expose you to cannabis plant particulates
Trim Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Breakdown flowers from stem and stalk of plant to separate unusable waste from useable product
- Track the amount of unusable waste for each plant/batch.
- After breakdown of plant, employee must identify and separate fan leaves, stems and sugar leaves on the flower.
- Employee must account for each by-product type processed off the flower; adding stems and fan leaves to "waste" for proper tracking.
- Employee must exhibit competency in basic organizational, tracking and communication skills.
- Employee must be able to work well independently, as well as with others.
- Employee must be able to adapt to various strains, styles and types of marijuana they are trimming; adjusting their techniques to maintain a steady pace and quality.
- Time management; employee must manage their time during work efficiently to meet goals while consistently producing quality product.
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions, so they can help maintain quality standards and production goals.
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene while processing marijuana.
- Trim staff is responsible for clean-up of all processing areas and equipment at the end of every day.
Equal opportunity employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other federally, state and/or locally protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of a background check, a possible job-related drug test (excluding cannabis), and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.