TITLE: Zoomazium Instructor
SALARY & FLSA: $20.00 per hour; FLSA non-exempt
OPENING DATE: 05/11/2023
CLOSING DATE: 06/01/2023 (May close sooner if a sufficient number of qualified applications is received.)
JOB TYPE: Regular
OPENINGS: 1 Part Time Vacancy
DEPARTMENT: Learning and Innovation
HOW DO YOU ZOO?
More than 1.3 million people visit Woodland Park Zoo each year. We connect people with wildlife and remind them of what’s at stake in our changing world. Our job is to motivate people to take action and provide them with the tools needed to join us in saving endangered species. Working for the zoo means upholding our mission, “To save wildlife and inspire everyone to make conservation a priority in their lives.” Apply today and show us how you zoo.
The position will work an average of twelve (12) hours a week. That time is to be split over two (2) shifts during the week. Shifts will be six (6) hours long.
WHO YOU ARE
As our new Zoomazium Instructor, we know you will be successful in this role because you:
- Provide Exemplary Customer Service: You have excellent work standards and provide amazing customer service daily. You enjoy motivating others to also provide superior guest service. You enjoy working with other departments to develop visitor-friendly processes.
- Love Working with Children: You enjoy facilitating and presenting age-appropriate curriculum for young audiences and their families. You can use your experience presenting thematically based interpretive programs and classes to ensure that all Zoomazium visitors have a positive zoo experience.
- Are Comfortable Speaking and Working with Everyone: You are comfortable working with teammates, people from other departments, and assisting zoo guests. You enjoy working as part of a diverse team. You treat everyone with respect and are comfortable adapting your communication based on the audience and always communicate inclusively.
- Are A Strong Multi-tasker: You are comfortable managing multiple tasks and projects with high energy. You love to use your creative problem skills and are flexible when changes arise.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support visitors to ensure a positive zoo experience.
- Maintain an environment aimed at the safety and well-being of Zoomazium guests, following all safety protocols.
- Present creative, mission-driven programming.
- Facilitate day-to-day operations for Zoomazium including opening procedures, closing procedures, and responding to incidents
- One (1) or more years of combined education and experience in early childhood, natural science, or environmental education.
- Provide crowd control, group management, and basic customer service.
- Basic computer, communication, and mathematics skills.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and live in Washington State.
The Woodland Park Zoo offers regular part time staff the following benefits:
- 4 complimentary Zoo tickets per year plus other discounts and perks
- Accrual of sick time on a pro-rata basis
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Free staff parking
- Bus pass subsidy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Application: Please include a resume with your application through our Zoo Careers site at zoo.org/jobs. Please be sure to list or upload copies of all relevant training and certifications on your application. The zoo may review existing application pools to fill this position or use this pool to fill future vacancies.
This opportunity is open to all candidates that meet the qualifications. Woodland Park Zoo values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The zoo encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, 2SLGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences. Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Screening: We will review applications and select some candidates for screening calls. Final candidates will be invited for virtual or in-person interviews.
Offer: Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process including the completion of a background check.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.