Russell is a professional services firm providing construction and development services across the Midwest. Since its inception in 1983, Russell's culture promotes a collaborative work environment that strives to exceed our clients' expectations and provide life-time career opportunities for our professionals.
Headquartered in Davenport, Iowa, with offices in St. Louis, Missouri and Overland Park, Kansas, Russell has delivered more than $3 billion in projects across 33 states. We remain a market leader in our core markets, including new construction and complex additions and renovations.
At Russell, we are creating more than a project - we are building great people, relationships, and communities.
Life at Russell
The number one response we receive when we ask our team members what they like about Russell is the culture. Russell team members describe working here as being more flexible than any place they've ever worked. They feel supported and support each other. They have fun. They are empowered to get their work done how they see fit. And most of all, they know they can continue their careers here because of the rich development tools available to them. Life at Russell is full of opportunities.
How You'll Contribute
As Preconstruction Manager, you will help us reach our strategic growth goals by supporting project teams throughout the preconstruction process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports project teams throughout the preconstruction process including budgeting, estimating, scheduling, value analysis and design management for all types of delivery methods.
- Assists in project pursuit, strategies and techniques.
- Prepares bid schedules to determine project costs.
- Works closely with design team during development to control project costs.
- Provides technical support in negotiating contracts and change orders.
- Consults with clients, vendors, project team, construction foreman to discuss and formulate estimates.
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
- Reviews final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to formal quotation.
- Assists marketing/business development team by providing cost opinion support as needed.
- Updates and maintains estimating system.
Requirements: Four year Construction Engineering or Construction Management degree or equivalent experience plus 5 years or more construction estimating experience required. Mechanical and electrical estimating experience a plus. Effective negotiation, team building, problem solving, mathematical and analytical skills required. Must possess exceptional organization skills and keen attention to detail, deadlines and accuracy. Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Strong conceptual estimating capabilities. Ability to coordinate activities on 'bid day'. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying for employment at Russell please contact us at (563) 459-4600 or HR@russellco.com. This contact is for accommodation request only and can’t be used to inquire about status of an application.