SALARY & FLSA: $24.00-35.00 per hour; FLSA non-exempt
OPENING DATE: 05/08/2023
CLOSING DATE: 05/30/2023 (May close sooner if a sufficient number of qualified applications is received.)
JOB TYPE: Regular, Full-time
LOCATION: Hybrid (on grounds 2-3 days/week and remainder may be remote)
HOW DO YOU ZOO?
More than 1.3 million people visit Woodland Park Zoo each year. We connect people with wildlife and remind them of what is at stake in our changing world. Our job is to motivate people to take action and provide them with the tools needed to join us in saving endangered species. Working for the zoo means upholding our mission, “To save wildlife and inspire everyone to make conservation a priority in their lives.” Apply today and show us how you zoo.
The finance department has a tenured employee who is retiring from this role. This allows the new hire to have three to four months of overlapped training with the incumbent.
WHO YOU ARE
As our new Accountant, we know you will be successful in this role because you are:
- An Accounting Expert: You are an accounting wiz. You are interested in researching and figuring out account reconciliations. Your work follows best practices and focuses on accuracy.
- Able to Maintain Confidentiality: You are a pro at using discretion and handling sensitive information.
- Rise to the Challenge: You can manage multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously.
- Welcome Diverse Working Conditions: You enjoy working both independently and as part of a diverse team. You treat everyone with respect and adapt your communication to the audience with the purpose of being inclusive.
- Committed to Professional Growth: Your love for accounting and reconciliation is displayed in a personal commitment to learning and self-improvement.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare assigned general ledger reconciliations for all cash, investment, loan, benefit liability, and other assigned accounts.
- Manage the zoo’s endowment investment unitization tracking system, and perform quarterly reconciliations between unitization records, the general ledger, and the investment statement.
- Compile information for annual insurance renewal, including property updates from zoo departments.
- Prepare the month-end journal entries for endowment investments, operating investments, banking transactions, and other general ledger accounts.
- Associate degree or equivalent from an accredited two (2) year college and two (2) or more years of related experience and/or training.
- Proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office applications.
- Successful applicants must live and work in Washington State to perform this role.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
The Woodland Park Zoo offers a comprehensive benefits package for fulltime staff including:
- Medical, dental, and vision HMO and PPO plans for you and eligible dependents
- 11 paid holidays and 2 personal holidays
- Accrue 12 vacation days and another 12 days of sick your first year
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free zoo membership that includes zoo admission and discounts after 90 days
- 4 complimentary tickets per year plus other discounts and perks
- Free staff parking
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
Application: Please include a resume with your application through our Zoo Careers site at zoo.org/jobs. The zoo may review existing application pools to fill this position or use this pool to fill future vacancies.
This opportunity is open to all candidates that meet the qualifications. Woodland Park Zoo values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The zoo encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, 2SLGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences. Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Screening: We will review applications and select some candidates for screening calls. Final candidates will be invited for virtual or in-person interviews.
Offer: Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process including the completion of a background check.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.