Provides skills & business management education to professionals attending NCM Institute classes, client on-site training classes, regional training classes and the NCM online learning platform. Provides subject matter expertise to create, revise, and maintain course content for revenue stability and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Teaches an average of 10 training days per month of NCM Institute curriculum.
• Meets revenue expectations for private training or consulting opportunities, generating approximately $150,000 in additional revenue for NCM per year.
• Conducts approximately 20 hours per month of content research, development, or revisions to help content stay up to date on industry trends.
• Creates custom learning content as needed for training opportunities
• Continually and actively promotes NCM’s products and services in support of the clients’ needs, including the sale of NCMi course enrollments, private training, NCM’s virtual training platform and other education-related services, along with the products and services offered by other NCM departmental operations; includes making presentations and providing training to NCM Retail Solutions’ clients.
• Prepares for instruction by reviewing course content and data ahead of each training session.
• As requested, conducts pre-class interviews with students and/or their sponsoring dealer principal or general manager.
• Clearly defines and meets learning objectives for each course.
• Uses a combination of lecture, audio-visual presentation, and student interaction to ensure a variety of learning methods that appeal to different types of learners.
• Ensures students’ active learning through the use of questions, experiential activities, skill practice and discussion.
• As requested, conducts post-class follow-up with NCMi students and/or their sponsoring dealer principal or general manager.
• Maintains classroom facilitation and platform skills by taking advantage of educational opportunities, staying current with industry trends, and maintaining professional networks.
• Creates educational content for use in articles, white papers, blogs, video training, promotional collateral and other applications as required.
• Records videos for online learning platform and promotional efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; however, requirement may be satisfied with equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 15 years of retail automotive experience. General Management/Ownership experience preferred.
• Demonstrated track record of successful operation of a retail automotive store.
• Expert-level knowledge of fixed and/or variable automotive dealership operations, sales, supervision, leadership, training, budgeting, forecasting and metrics.
• Excellent working knowledge of general business and financial principles and practice.
• Workflow analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of organizational change processes and operations management.
• Strong project management skills.
• High energy level.
• High comfort level speaking with a wide range of people.
• Ability to interact, influence and negotiate.
• Ability to work with sense of urgency.
• Ability to prioritize changing workloads.
• Ability and willingness to continually learn on the job.
• Professional and resourceful.
• Maintains constant awareness and knowledge of NCM Institute methods, policies, and procedures.
• Meets agreed upon project deadlines.
• Meets minimum student evaluation level of 4.4 overall on a 5-point scale.
• Employee must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as driving on company business may be required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand, walk, sit, speak, hear, see and use hands to handle objects. The employee will be required to stand for up to 9 hours/day while teaching.
• Must be able to answer phone and listen and speak with clients and co-workers.
• Must be able to concentrate/focus with constant interruptions.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to travel up to 30%
• General classroom environment, including standard electronic equipment such as laptop, projector and audio system.
• Daily flow of clients in or near work area.
This position is currently accepting applications.