|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Guest Services Representative
Job Type: Variable or full-time, non-exempt
Supervisor: General Manager or Guest Services Manager
Bird Dog Hospitality is a hotel investment and management company that believes in putting people first. Beneath our core business of hospitality lies our purpose of creating lifelong relationships and enriching the lives of all those we provide hospitality to - our team members, guests, and investor partners. Every one of our team members seeks to live and breathe the values that define our culture, the Bird Dogma:
The Bird Dogma
- We Put People First
- We Dependably Drive Results
- We Constantly Keep a Positive Attitude
- We Never Stop Improving, Ever
- We Relentlessly Solve Problems
Our Guest Services Representatives (GSR) serve as our guests' first point of contact and manage all aspects of their accommodation.
GSR responsibilities include registering guests, managing reservations and providing information about rooms, rates and amenities. If you have a knack for customer service and work experience in the hotel industry, we'd like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help create a pleasant and memorable stay for our guests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all check-in and check-out tasks
- Manage online and phone reservations
- Inform customers about payment methods and verify their credit card data
- Register guests collecting necessary information (contact details, exact dates of their stay etc.)
- Welcome guests upon their arrival and assign rooms
- Provide information about our hotel, available rooms, rates and amenities
- Respond to guests' inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy and fully furnished to accommodate guests' needs
- Tending and folding laundry when needed
- Confirm group reservations and arrange personalized services for VIP customers and event attendees and wedding guests etc.
- Upsell additional facilities and services, when appropriate
- Maintain updated records of bookings and payments
Experience, Skills, and Education
- Work experience as a hotel Front Desk Agent, Receptionist, GSR or similar role preferred
- Experience with a form of property management software is a plus
- Understanding of how travel planning websites operate, for example: Booking and TripAdvisor
- A strong desire to learn and develop
- Customer service attitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Degree in hospitality related field is an asset
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays
**Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Guest Services Representative may be asked to perform.