GENERAL SUMMARY (What is done and why)
Ciera Bank has been serving Texas Communities since 1890 and we now have 8 locations. We’re looking for a full time Loan Operations Specialist at our Fort Worth location. This position is primarily responsible for general Loan Operations duties including document tracking items after booking through payoff status, imaging loan documents, working daily loan operational reports, booking and payoff processing.
We do offer a competitive hourly rate (based on experience) with a multitude of benefits and a generous PTO schedule. We’ll provide training and support to help you succeed in your role and provide you with opportunities to advance your career. At Ciera Bank, we consider our employees to be one of our most valuable resources.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) or ROTH with Company Match
- Employer Paid Life/Disability/Dependent Life Insurance
- PTO Benefits w/Paid Holidays
- Incentive Award/Bonus Program
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Continuing Education/Training & Development Opportunities
- Free Checking/Savings Accounts
- Annual Company Apparel Allowance
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (of the Loan Operations Specialist)
- Update exception tracking items to the core system and upload to document imaging system.
- Scan and Index loan documents.
- Work daily Loan Operations reports
- UCC exception report
- Process paid loan files including preparing release of collateral
- Post incoming loan wires.
- Building and maintain loan files
- Other Loan Operation duties such as booking loans, quality control of loan booking and posting payments, etc.
- Communicates with Loan Officers and Lending Assistants for inaccurate or missing documentation.
- Escrow processing which includes processing payments to various entities and perform annual escrow analysis for real estate loan portfolio.
- Other duties as assigned or as necessary to ensure smooth and correct Departmental operation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (of the Loan Operations Specialist)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years loan documentation and mortgage escrow servicing preferred.
- Problem solving skills and ability to prioritize.
- Moderate keyboard skills including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Working knowledge of documentation guidelines and lending regulations.
- Must have moderate knowledge of all types of all types of entity documentation, compliance, escrow, and collateral requirements for all types of borrowers, loans, and collateral items.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to explain documentation requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (of the Loan Operations Specialist)
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most duties are performed from a seated position. Work may include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds such as files, documents, and computer printouts. Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate computer keyboard at an advanced skill level. Position includes moderate reading (10% or more of work time spent reading) and extensive computer usage (60% or more of work time viewing computer monitor) as well as close or highly concentrated visual work. Receive detailed information through verbal communication both in person and by telephone.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS/CONTACTS (of theLoan Operations Specialist)
- Internal – Extensive contact with personnel throughout the Corporation.
- External – Frequent contact with customers and insurance providers in order to obtain or provide information and/or assistance and to resolve exception items.
- Supervision of Others – N/A
ACCOUNTABILITY (of the Loan Operations Specialist)
This position is responsible for effectively and accurately managing the exception tracking, working loan operational reports, processing paid off loans for the bank, providing backup and assistance for loan booking, and booking QC as well as achieving individual production goals.
The Loan Operations Specialist has the sole responsibility to apply expertise and judgment on the quality of the loan documentation received, control over exception management, and analysis.