The Associate Dean of Education serves as the academic dean of Teacher Education under the supervision of the Provost and Dean of Residential Education. This is a full-time position on the Circleville campus.
Title: Associate Dean, School of Education
Reports to: Provost and Dean of Residential Education
Supervises: Full time faculty, Adjuncts, Affiliates, Staff
Salary Range: $50,000 - $65,000
Location: Full time, On Site, at Circleville, Ohio
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions within this classification)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and manage the School of Education faculty, programs, and budgets
- Maintain state and national accreditation for existing and new programs
- Supervise student teachers and students in field placements
- Teach undergraduate courses in the School of Education
- Maintain relationships and collaborate with local education professionals and agencies
- Organize meetings with school faculty, staff, and the Advisory Council
- Perform annual review of each program and faculty in the School of Education
- Advise education students on program requirements, state exams, and employment
- Meet with prospective students and families to provide information about programs
- Implement university policies and expectations as outlined in the Faculty Handbook
- Maintain currency in the field through professional development opportunities
- Assess the effectiveness of learning outcomes in courses and education programs
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
According to Ohio Christian University employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the OCU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Education, Training and Experience:
- Understanding of state requirements for education licenses
- Familiarity with professional accreditation standards, especially with CAEP
- Organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills and abilities in conflict resolution
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Skills in critical thinking and creativity
- Doctoral degree preferred; Master's degree in educational field required
- Up to date and active teacher education license
- Skill and Ability to:
- Strong organizational skills, well disciplined, able to work under pressure of many priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of long-range planning processes
- Highly developed interpersonal skills. Ability to meet people with ease
- Additional Qualifications:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Ohio Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Ohio Christian University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).