SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direction of the Lancaster Campus Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Student workers and other volunteers on ad hoc basis
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
POSITION SUMMARY: The Office Manager will assist in the planning and execution of all Lancaster campus events including those associated with the Lancaster Theological Seminary, Moravian University, Moravian Theological Seminary and the Lancaster community. The Office Manager provides business office support for all aspects of the Lancaster Campus, including but not limited to, budget oversight, supporting apartment rental process and maintaining details for rental rooms and apartments. The Office Manager will provide support to Campus Director for corporate partnership work including, but not limited to, supporting campus apartment rental process and maintaining housing/office space inventory.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and execution of all campus event logistics (room/space reservations, IT support, catering, etc.) including seminary commencement, student retreats, and other events as assigned by the Lancaster Campus Director.
- Provide administrative support for the Office of University Partnerships and Facilities.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned by the Lancaster Campus Director.
- Serve as operator in Seminary telephone operator pool.
- Serve as the central point of contact for all approved campus purchases and assist the Campus Director in managing the operating and expense budget.
- Oversee campus mail operations including distributing incoming mail to campus mailboxes, maintaining postage machines, and sending bulk mailings.
- Maintain campus purchasing card and responsible for submissions and reconciliation of purchases.
- Support campus apartment rental process, including showings to prospective tenants, key distribution, move out/in, inspections, generate leases with Business Office input, ensure rental payment is received per lease.
- Ensure timely payment for student worker payments and other voucher reimbursements.
- Maintain detailed housing/office space inventory for all rental rooms and apartments.
- Support organizations compliance with all pertinent accreditation and regulatory requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS: At least two years of college education is strongly preferred. Two years of business management experience is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Zoom, and other office technology is required. Demonstrated organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced, dynamic work environment. Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills. A strong commitment to advancing the success of diversity, equity and inclusion is required. Experience in a post-secondary or theological education setting is desirable.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should attach their cover letter and resume to the online application by clicking "Apply Now". Please attach documents as a PDF file.
Link to our DEI Action Plan: https://www.moravian.edu/dei-action-plan
Deep respect for others is fundamental to the Moravian University community. Moravian University does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student, or applicant for admission on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, caste, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, marital status, citizenship status, veteran/military status, disability status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Concerns regarding all forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment and/or sex discrimination in employment:
Leah M. Naso
Dean for Compliance, Training & Development (Title IX Coordinator)
1309 Main St. 2nd Floor
1200 Main St.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18018
Concerns regarding gender and equity in athletics:
Associate Athletic Director (Deputy Title IX Coordinator)
109 Johnston Hall
1200 Main St.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18018
Concerns regarding the application of Title IX:
U.S. Department of Education
Office of Civil Rights
100 Penn Square East, Suite 515
Philadelphia, PA 19107-3323
Report sexual harassment/sex discrimination online anytime (can be anonymous) at www.moravian.edu/titleix. Grievance procedures can be found in the institutional Equal Opportunity, Harassment, and Non-Discrimination Policy at www.moravian.edu/policy.
Please visit moravian.edu/benefits to review benefits offered at Moravian University.*
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
The individual is routinely exposed to indoor conditions and outdoor weather and temperature extremes, and moderate noise level.
Pursuant to the ADA, Moravian University will provide reasonable services and accommodation(s) to employees with qualified disabilities in order to perform the essential functions of their employment, except when doing so would be unduly disruptive and/or result in undue hardship to the University. Accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis through documentation review and an interactive interview process that includes the employee's supervisor. Requests for accommodation or questions about this process should be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com or 610.861.1527. View the standard physical demands for positions at Moravian University. If this position requires additional or different demands, a Human Resources team member will notify you.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
*Please visit this link to review the benefit eligibility status associated with this position.