Trauma System Therapy Supervisor needed for full-time, permanent postion in Forest Hills, Queens.
Trauma Systems Therapy (TST) is a comprehensive, phase-based treatment program for children and adolescents who have experienced traumatic events and/or who live in environments with ongoing stress and/or traumatic reminders. This program uses the Trauma System Therapy model of practice. The TST Supervisor will be responsible for the treatment management that addresses the traumatized child who is not able to regulate emotional states related to survival, and a social environment and/or services system that is not sufficiently able to help the child to regulate these survival states. Additionally, the TST Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the Preventive requirements are maintained.
• Supervising a unit of 4 TST Therapist with a caseload of 8, and 1 Case Aide • Support /Implement to ensure the TST model is practiced.
• Participate in MTT and other staff meetings.
• Conduct weekly supervision with each therapist to review case details as it relates to safety, permanency, well-being and progress of each family.
• Ensure and track that the therapist and Case Aide at ACS's Mandatory and Forestdale's in-service trainings.
• Responsible for Unit's proficiency to ensure that TST is used with all families and certification is achieved in 12 months of full time employment.
• Facilitate Unit meetings to support and guide their team with an emphasis on safety, risk and treatment planning/assessment/ implementation.
• Complete monthly Supervisory Case Reviews in Connections and/or ADVPO template.
• Oversee new intake assignments and monitor case acceptance
• Attend all Conferences (FTC, ERC, STC ) with direct line staff.
• Monitor timely submission in PROMIS and Connections.
• Responsible for weekly submissions of information to IT/QI department. • Review all documentations (e.g. TST assessments, FASP's, Progress Notes, etc.) to ensure services provisions are in compliance with agency, ACS and OCFS regulations.
• Other duties as required.