Under the supervision and guidance of the assigned Supervisor; prepares and delivers closed loan mortgage files to investors both electronically and by certified mail. Responsible for daily tracking and maintaining shipped loan packages according to investor guidelines to ensure timely loan purchases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain strict privacy regarding customer account information. Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information confidential. Abide by company standards when communicating orally or in writing.
- Provide customers with exceptional customer service and executes operational excellence. In person: Greet every customer with a smile, maintain eye contact, call them by name, stay connected in conversation and let them know they are appreciated. When on the telephone: Speak with a smile, call them by name, stay connected in the conversation and let them know they are appreciated.
- Ability to effectively communicate information in person, written and by email. Respond to questions and discuss sometimes sensitive subjects with clarity and tact. Frequent interaction and communication with vendors, title companies and customers. Frequent interaction and communication with Mortgage Originators, Loan Processor and Mortgage Loan Closers. Frequent in person and phone interaction by following professional etiquette is required. Ability to take direction and comprehend training.
- Shipping closed loans in a timely manner.
- Complete forms and checklist required by investor.
- Review loan documentation for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with banking regulations and investor guidelines.
- Organize, ship and track loans until purchased by Investor.
- Work well with Team and cooperatively ensures assigned loans are being processed with timeliness, attention to detail, accuracy, and within compliance of corporate policies, agency, and all state and federal laws.
- Operate keyboard, telephone, scanner, and copier. Strong computer skills including knowledge in MS Office Outlook, typing, 10 key and the internet. Basic knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel preferred. Proficiency with internal bank software, Encompass Software, and Mortgage proprietary software will be required.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and work cooperatively with other co-workers. Commitment to work extended hours if necessary to complete projects.
- Ability to use common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Complete all on-line compliance Teal Training courses timely.
- Additional duties may be assigned or required by management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS |EDUCATION | EXPERIENCE | SKILLS | MENTAL DEMANDS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Requirements: Candidate must be at a minimum, 18 years of age.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 Year of Mortgage experience Required
6 months of Bank experience Preferred
Additional experience and skills:
•Experience with shipping of closed loan files and/or loan delivery a plus. •Familiarity with home loans and residential mortgages such as FHA, USDA, VA, and Conventional loan guidelines preferred.
• Knowledge of ULDD requirements.
• Exceptional organizational skills and an eye for details will be needed for this position.
Scheduled Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, engagement, inclusion, diversity and execute operational excellence. Establish a positive and productive work relationships; able to generate trust, ability, and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback. Willingness to adhere to a strict ethical code of conduct.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT INFORMATION
The employee must possess sufficient mobility to work in and move about in a standard office setting and sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Substantial time may be spent on the telephone and working on a computer, sitting and/or standing. The employee must have the ability to hear and articulate well enough to carry on a normal conversation, both in person and over the telephone. Visual abilities required by this job include the ability to read materials in either a printed format or on a computer screen. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position require the ability to maintain attention to detail and complete work projects accurately in a short amount of time, despite interruptions. The employee must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations. The position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents and draft written communications.