First Security Bank offers career opportunities for diverse, professional, and energetic individuals who foster a culture that values critical thinking, problem solving and who executive operational excellence.
We are looking to fill the position of Commercial Loan Officer in our Saline County Market. Please note that we do not accept resumes and encourage applicants to include work history on our formal application available via the "Apply Now" link.
Feel free to contact Shanté Zornes at 501.324.8110 to review more details. I look forward to speaking with you!
Responsible for developing new and existing relationships in order to meet loan growth for First Security Bank. Develops and services commercial account relationships. Evaluates, authorizes, or recommends approval of applications for commercial loans. May include duties of soliciting, negotiating, underwriting, and coordinating the closing of consumer, residential, equipment, SBA, commercial building, and business loans with the guidance of the Bank’s lending policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain strict privacy regarding customer account information. Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provide customers with exceptional customer service and execute operational excellence. In person: Greet every customer with a smile, maintain eye contact, call them by name, stay connected in conversation and let them know they are appreciated. When on the telephone: Speak with a smile, call them by name, stay connected in the conversation and let them know they are appreciated.
- Responsible for soliciting and servicing a variety of commercial loans within the guidelines set forth in the loan policy. Ability to use common sense understanding in order to communicate effectively and carry out detailed written or oral direction.
- Interview commercial loan applicants visually or verbally.
- Frequent communication person to person or by telephone. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Analyzes applicant financial status and credit to determine feasibility of granting loan. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Proficiency in numeracy skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and decimals will be required.
- Maintain current credit files and proper note and collateral security documents.
- Approves loan within established limits or refers loan to loan committee for approval. Ensures that all loan decisions, actions, and recommendations are based on an accurate and thorough understanding of each customer’s financial needs and conditions and comply with all laws, regulations, and bank policy.
- Advises customers on the completion of loan applications and provides excellent customer service throughout the loan approval and closing process.
- Recognize, identify, and report any deterioration in the credit quality of a loan or borrowing relationship.
- Closes/Declines loans in a timely manner.
- Keeps up to date on lending policies/regulations pricing and product information. Regulatory knowledge including but not limited to: privacy, safeguarding customer information, Regulation B, Equal Credit Opportunity, Truth in Lending, CRA, HMDA, and flood regulations.
- Manages delinquent account files for the financial institution.
- Cross sells to customers.
- Attract new loan applications by developing relationships within the market, make calls to prospective businesses, customers, and contacts in order to generate leads and expand the business.
- Manage client loan process, including application, underwriting, closing and post-closing date.
- Work outside the office by attending community events, networking events, meeting with prospective businesses, customers, and other referral sources.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships and contacts with professional and business organizations and develop teamwork with co-workers in other related units.
- Constantly communicate and exchange information with external and internal customers. Executing operational excellence by meeting quality service requirements, connecting through Bank Better experiences, and delivering 2nd Mile Service.
- Operate mobile devices, computer, keyboard, telephone, scanner, and copier. Depending on market needs, the use of a laptop may be required. Computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Office Outlook, typing, 10 key and the internet. Advanced working knowledge with Microsoft Excel. Proficiency with Bankway software, FIS IS View and Loan Operations Platform will be required.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and work cooperatively with other co-workers. Must be able to travel between banking centers, markets, community events and client offices. Willingness to extend working hours where necessary to accommodate the completion of varied tasks on behalf of the customers.
- Completes all on-line compliance Teal Training courses timely.
- Help incorporate the primary leadership responsibilities:
- Champion our Bank Better values, culture, and brand promise.
- Champion operational excellence, a culture rooted in a passion for the Bank Better customer experience.
- Champion quality customer service.
- Communicate with excellence.
- Foster a positive work environment.
- Develop people.
- Ensure accountability.
- Make sound decisions.
- Performs other duties may be assigned or required by senior management.
May indirectly or directly supervise employee’s dependent on market. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree in principals of investments such as Finance, Economics, Accounting or Mathematics preferred.
- 2-5 years’ work related experience relating to business accounting, financial analysis and lending highly preferred.
- Experience in a related area such as credit analyst strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of commercial banking laws, banking laws, bank products, services, policies and procedures, Regulatory Compliance requirements required.
- Demonstrated ability to bring significant new business to organization.
- Actively involved in a network within the community in areas that offer the greatest potential for new business.
- Experience and knowledge in lending activities, including knowledge of commercial, construction, and real estate loans.
- Registration with NMLS and Credit Life will be required.
Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, engagement, inclusion, diversity, and execute operational excellence. Establish a positive and productive work relationships; able to generate trust, ability, and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback. Willingness to adhere to a strict ethical code of conduct.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT INFORMATION
The employee must possess sufficient mobility to work in and move about in a standard office setting and sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Substantial time may be spent on the telephone and working on a computer, sitting and/or standing. The employee must have the ability to hear and articulate well enough to carry on a normal conversation, both in person and over the telephone. Visual abilities required by this job include the ability to read materials in either a printed format or on a computer screen. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position require the ability to maintain attention to detail and complete work projects accurately in a short amount of time, despite interruptions. The employee must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations. The position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents and draft written communications.