Life Science Connect facilitates mutually beneficial connections between our audiences and strategic partners that accelerate the advancement of life-improving, life-extending, and life-saving therapies and devices. The data-driven insights we are able to provide our clients differentiates us from the competition. This drive to help our clients solve their biggest problems led to the creation of our new commercial SaaS product, Templeton and we are seeking a Director of Product Management to steer this application.
The successful candidate in this role will understand the customer's need and lay out the high-level business objectives that a product or a feature will fulfill, articulate what success looks like for the product, and rally the team to turn that vision into a reality. They set the goals, define success, motivate teams, and work closely with the product development team to deliver the product as they are responsible for the outcome.
We hire world-class employees with high character, drive, discipline, and a track record of success. In turn, we provide our employees with career growth potential, excellent pay, and a competitive benefits package. Our culture is focused on helping each member of the team become the best version of themselves and promotes a friendly atmosphere and work-life balance.
Looking at the overall job responsibilities, the Product Manager will spend:
70% of their time working with the Product Development team building the product
30% with Clients/Sales/Marketing/Client Success Team
Essential Job Duties:
To identify and understand the customers’ needs, the Product Manager would join customer calls, understand the problem(s) they are trying to solve, their desires and where we can add the most value. They define what needs to be delivered by clearly understanding, stating and representing user needs. They are responsible for delivering the final product.
A Product Manager:
- Defines the product vision and aligns all stakeholders with the vision for the product.
- Prioritizes product features and capabilities and lays out the product road map and timelines for all the deliverables.
- Attends the daily scrum meetings to ensure they are close enough to the inner workings of the product.
- Works very closely with the Business Analyst to define high level features (epics) and break them up into granular ‘user stories’ and tasks assignable for development.
- Has frequent paired working sessions with the UX to make sure wireframes and mock-ups reflect what Is going to be built.
- Works with the developers and architect to ensure product is being built per desired outcomes.
- Works with the Quality Assurance (QA) team on creating test plans and positive and negative test cases for various scenarios to mimic user workflows. This is how they make sure they are comfortable standing behind the quality of the delivered product.
- Is responsible for granularly defining the product features and enhancement requests.
- Helps establish the product pricing and packaging. More importantly, they need to work with the engineering team to technically support the pricing model.
- Is the main point of contact to liaison with the product development, sales, marketing, and customer success teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems,
- Preferred: MBA or Master’s Degree in MIS or Marketing
Required Skills / Experience:
- Experience delivering SaaS products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Experience with Agile product development
- Experience working with clients, Technology, Sales and Marketing teams
In addition to great pay, Life Science Connect offers these generous benefits:
- Remote work
- Medical/vision/prescription/dental coverage for you and your family
- 100% company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance
- 100% company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%
- 15 vacation days and 6 personal days on day 1
- 13 company-paid holidays
To see all our job postings and showcases for some of our employees, visit: link: https://lifescienceconnect.com/careers/