Bolton & Menk is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Project Manager to join our team! This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established team of professionals and help make a difference in our local communities! We strongly believe in providing our clients with the best service, we are looking for individuals who want to drive client relationships and business development for the market. Bolton & Menk is a consulting engineering firm with over 70 years of experience serving the Upper Midwest and Southeast region.
We offer a comprehensive and innovative approach to land planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering, and urban design across the southeast. Striking a balance between art and science, our creativity is strongly rooted in collaboration between clients and designers to create enduring and memorable places. For over 30 years, our Charlotte and Raleigh civil engineering and landscape architecture professionals have teamed on more than 5,500 projects. Every project team is set up in a cross-disciplinary studio with engineers and designers working side-by-side from site analysis through construction administration.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for the management planning, scheduling and performance of multiple engineering projects and personnel.
- Serves as primary client contact and is responsible for problem resolutions related to projects.
- Identifies the project scope and participates in the contract negotiation.
- Develops and monitors project budgets and implements corrective action if appropriate.
- Supervise and reviews final design, plans, and specifications and insures conformance with corporate quality standards.
- Manages construction phase engineering services and provides technical advice regarding design, construction or modification and repairs to clients, contractors, and other staff members.
- Approves and presents preliminary reports and feasibility studies.
- Plans and organizes project assignments and is responsible for the work of other engineers and technicians.
- Responsible for on-going coaching, mentoring and professional development of team members.
- Performs business development activities (i.e. RFPs, presentations, preparation of proposals).
- Responsible for developing and implementing appropriate marketing plans.
What We Are Looking For:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent program at an accredited college.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in profession.
- Minimum two (2) years project management experience.
- Site civil experience.
- Extensive knowledge of site-related design, codes, and construction practices in profession.
- Experienced in coordinating technical efforts of others.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) required.
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision software preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of technical software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, HydroCAD, Storm design software, GIS and other similar applications.
- Ability to clearly express ideas through written routine correspondence including email, reports, memorandums, letters, specifications, proposals/contracts, and firm marketing material.
- Ability to present a variety of information, effectively and clearly express ideas and information, and respond to questions from and make formal presentations to clients, government regulatory agencies, the public, management, and staff.
- Ability to apply civil engineering concepts to problem solving involving site design issues.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrows leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is ranked among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms. With over 850 employees in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan to include medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible schedules, PTO benefits, and career development opportunities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
We're Social! Connect with us on LinkedIn or on Instagram.
It is our responsibility and privilege to embrace the diversity of people, thoughts, and experiences necessary to develop infrastructure systems that serve all people. Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer including disability and vets.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.